• Help Support TNDeer:

For those that don't know me

My brother has the same "luck". The pic reminds me of the time he came walking back to the house after attempting to fly fish for the first time in our pond. He had a hook buried between his shoulder blades. :tu:

My dad had the patience of Job teaching me how to fish, but when I was 8 or 9 he told my mother "if there is one tree on the whole lake he'll get hung up in the very top of it!" [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's the worst when it's the first cast after tying on a new bait and you have to break off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spurhunter":3n0gr2j1 said:
WTM":3n0gr2j1 said:
lol, like i told my son, if your not getting hung then your not fishing.
But there is a limit to how high in the tree you can be hung and still be fishing!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

At some point it's called "Birding." I did a lot of birding when I was learning to fly fish. :D

At one point A friend told me i should probably buy a Migratory Bird stamp just to stay on the safe side While I was still leaning to fly cast. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My longest cast was about 4 feet for several years.

Some of the looks I got from other fisherman were pretty bad but the laughter was a real downer.

One thing about fly fishing is you get to make your own flies. Most of mine looked like a mass of lint from the dryer screen but i doan care it was a lot of fun.

I shot a deer, kept the tail, made a fly, caught a bluegill and let him go, his reward for have eyesight problems. I swear next cast I caught a 2 pound bass and he was dinner.

Pretty funny.

But hey, next time you shoot a deer for the tail, let me know, I'll go find it and get all the meat! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back