• Help Support TNDeer:

Free fresh catfish!

JAY B

I have a 1/2 acre spring fed pond at my place that has about 50 3-10 lb bluecats and channel cats that I am wanting removed , I am located in Decatur TN, if anyone is interested in catching a nice mess for your freezer give me a shout! Pond edge is maintained and has a dock as well for fishing convenience! 423/280-6910

Had a great time, I will let Jay B give the update. Thanks again to a great guy.

Attachments

• 2017072595190823.jpg
    2017072595190823.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 2,428
bds240":1vs60b0v said:
Had a great time, I will let Jay B give the update. Thanks again to a great guy.
Feel free to tell how it went! And maybe offer up some advice for the next guest!

Well, the kids had a great time! As soon as we got there they baited up there hooks with some small chunks of hotdogs. Within a couple minutes both kids had a fish on and the fight was on, it was very exciting for me to just step back and watch a 5 year old and 10 year old fight a couple 10lb cats for at least 5 minutes at the same time, after the finally got them ole cats wore out I got them netted and in the cooler. So then there is round 2 after a little bit of waiting, I think the first round spooked the fish a little with all the commotion, my daughter hooks up then shortly after my son hooks in to one and again the fight was back on for a good five minutes. I finally got my daughters fish netted, and then started on getting my boys fish netted when his line broke off at the dock, I guess ole dad should have let him use a bigger rod but I knew he would have a lot of fun with his ugly stick jr with a zebco micro 33 and 4lb test, had the drag backed off but I guess it was to much for the line. Had a great time the kids loved it and want to go back. Theres still plenty of good size fish in there we certainly didnt catch anywhere near all of them. Thanks again Jay B.

Attachments

• 20170725_203321.jpg
    20170725_203321.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2,245
Back