• Help Support TNDeer:

Free rod and reel giveaway

TNReb

Sniper builds excellent rods. I've decided to give away my Droomvanger Custom Rods pitching stick with Shimano Chronarch MGL reel.

No purchase necessary.

All you have to do to is go swimming in Center Hill lake and find it!

Son of a...

df507b08a8cf66938d0feabcd7e5befe.gif

Lol.....been there and done that as well. You mark it on your electronics? I have recovered one before in 7 foot of water with decent current about a mile below cordell hull dam once. Got very lucky that day.

Dbllunger":1zwhfowl said:
Lol.....been there and done that as well. You mark it on your electronics? I have recovered one before in 7 foot of water with decent current about a mile below cordell hull dam once. Got very lucky that day.

I marked it. I was back in the back of a creek. The lake is up, so I was in flooded brush. It was 18-20ft deep. I tried on 3oz weights and treble hooks and dragged for 2 hours. Never could snag it. Broke off plenty of weights and trebles on the flooded junk though!

I'll go back when the lake falls and see if it happens to get caught up in a bush somewhere that I can see, but I doubt it.

TNReb":xd7qcuhf said:
Dbllunger":xd7qcuhf said:

I marked it. I was back in the back of a creek. The lake is up, so I was in flooded brush. It was 18-20ft deep. I tried on 3oz weights and treble hooks and dragged for 2 hours. Never could snag it. Broke off plenty of weights and trebles on the flooded junk though!

I'll go back when the lake falls and see if it happens to get caught up in a bush somewhere that I can see, but I doubt it.

If you wanna PM me the area, I don't care to look for it if I'm fishing that area when the lake goes down. I lost a nice pair of Costas last year when the water was up and thought they'd be easy to find when it went down. I was wrong......

Man that sucks.. but I have a funny story on something similar.. I use to spend the summers with my grandparents in Ohio. My grandfather and I decided to give bass fishing a break and we took his 16 ft Jon boat catfishing, we were on a big flat and he let the anchor down in about 8-10 ft of water. I set out 2 rigs, one on each side of the boat. I was probably 14 at the time, and got a hit on both at the same time grabbed one on the right and set the hook "missed him" grabbed the butt of the other and set the hook and connected and before I could even put the other down he pulled it out of my hand straight into the water. My grandfather seen it happen, he said damn son but with a bill dance kind of demeanor so it was kind of funny as heart breaking as it was. Tried snagging it with a crankbait but no luck. So 2 hrs later we had enough for a fish fry and started pulling up the anchor and said RYAN LOOK AT THIS, he when the anchor came up a catfish was stuck to it with a line hanging out his mouth... I said poppy do you think that's my fish?? He grabbed the line and kept pulling the line In and it started getting heavy and before he knew it a rod tip came up and sure enough it was my rod... so I got my rig back and the fish lol

We were both speechless and couldn't stop laughing about it

Latest posts

Back