• Help Support TNDeer:

French Broad muskie?

Douglas lake has had muskie in it for years. They come from the north Carolina rivers. I do think know if they have been stocked or not !

The French Broad and the Nolichucky both have Muskie (probably Cumberland Muskie). TWRA does not stock them.

maddhatter82":2opza4vk said:
Are there muskie below Douglas dam down to three Rivers

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
I haven't seen them there personally, and I fish from the 66 Bridge down to Seven Islands ALOT, but a friend of mine said he hooked one up there two years ago where the Little Pigeon dumps in to the French Broad. I've had some giant wakes behind a 7" inch Redfin on several occasions, but it was probably rockfish.

SES":3pvf8ria said:
maddhatter82":3pvf8ria said:
Are there muskie below Douglas dam down to three Rivers

I haven't seen them there personally, and I fish from the 66 Bridge down to Seven Islands ALOT, but a friend of mine said he hooked one up there two years ago where the Little Pigeon dumps in to the French Broad. I've had some giant wakes behind a 7" inch Redfin on several occasions, but it was probably rockfish.
The reason I ask is I fish from Riverside Dr to above John sevIer bridge also never pulled one out and just last week something came up about 20 feet from the boat and it was around 8" wide at the mouth , greenish brown , flat snout and from Gill to tail was as big around as a 3 liter bottle and 4&1/2 feet long at least. My first thought was a muskie but didn't think they were in there

Muskie could survive going through the turbines into the river. Also they could lock through Melton Hill into Watts Bar then lock through into Ft Loudon.
In the late 70's/early 80's we collected an American eel from Ft Loudon. So it would be very possible for other fish to do the same.

Latest posts

Back