• Help Support TNDeer:

Fun card pull

Ski

Couple good up & comers enjoying apples from the old orchard remnants. Got three trees that still produce. Really old trees.

1721011254810.jpeg

1721011431438.jpeg

And a really cool racked buck with pedicle damage causing nontypical growth. Will be neat seeing what he becomes.

1721011577971.jpeg

Last but not least an old bruiser I'd like to see more of but he cleared out when the does dropped fawns. Hopefully will see him showing back up soon. Pretty darn big for still being in May.

1721011813507.jpeg

Wow! Some great bucks! Still can't believe the growth on that buck for late May.

All I've gotten so far is about 7-9 different bucks, 3 or 4 of which are older. But then the old bucks generally don't start showing up until much later in my area.

All I've gotten so far is about 7-9 different bucks, 3 or 4 of which are older. But then the old bucks generally don't start showing up until much later in my area.

Same here, generally. September through November is when older bucks start sifting in. But I always have one or two old visitors a varying times through the summer. They don't stay but I get them on cam drinking water, hitting mineral, or snacking in a plot as they move through.

This guy is the one I'm most excited for. He's wide and thick for early June. Hard to say what he'll look like by September but for sure will be big.

1721052523350.jpeg

Same here, generally. September through November is when older bucks start sifting in. But I always have one or two old visitors a varying times through the summer. They don't stay but I get them on cam drinking water, hitting mineral, or snacking in a plot as they move through.
Last year was the first year I've ever caught the older bucks moving on my place in summer. And that was sort of a lucky hit as I caught the entire bachelor group moving between their bedding area on the edge of my property and the adjoining agricultural bottomlands. Other than that, most of the truly old bucks don't use my place until mid-October, as the rut approaches. And really, it's the harvesting of the bottomland crops that is the major trigger for bucks to move onto my property, IF there is any form of an acorn crop.

This guy is the one I'm most excited for. He's wide and thick for early June. Hard to say what he'll look like by September but for sure will be big.

View attachment 234900
That dude is bodied up

Last year was the first year I've ever caught the older bucks moving on my place in summer. And that was sort of a lucky hit as I caught the entire bachelor group moving between their bedding area on the edge of my property and the adjoining agricultural bottomlands. Other than that, most of the truly old bucks don't use my place until mid-October, as the rut approaches. And really, it's the harvesting of the bottomland crops that is the major trigger for bucks to move onto my property, IF there is any form of an acorn crop.

I'm pretty fortunate with my property situation in Ohio. It isn't big but it's circumstantially about as perfect as can be. It's the head of the main hollow that feeds out to the river bottom a mile below, and the river valley is rich ag country. The other three sides of me is a 10,000 acre mature hardwood forest owned & managed by the state. The hollow runs east/west and my access is from the east, allowing me to hunt north, west, and south winds pretty safely. The deer have forever funneled out of the forest through the property to get to the river bottom, but once I began habitat work it has gotten progressively better each year. None of that was anything I was considering when I bought the place. I only bought it because it was old family property that I wanted to keep in the family. But once I began getting into the habitat stuff I realized pretty quick I had gotten lucky. Not only do bucks from the hills funnel through to get to the ag country below, but the giant ag bucks funnel through to get to the woods. Rut can get pretty intense.

Nice! I got pics of this guy this morning. I can't age em, but looks to be a pretty good one.

Yessir I'd say so! Good one indeed. Hope you get a tag on him this fall.

awesome picture quality

Thanks! Those GardePro A5's are the best cams I've ever ran. Sound and video is incredible as well. No idea how long they'll hold up but for roughly $100/ea I won't mind if they conk out after a season or two.

That dude is bodied up

Yeah he's pretty healthy. Hopefully he comes back to be more regular as fall creeps in. I'm really curious to see what he's grown into.

Back