• Help Support TNDeer:

garmin chirp 93sv on sale $599

yep adding a 93sv to the bow and a 73cv to the console to replace the elite for mapping and on plane 2d/downvu. also have a 7sv at the console just for side imaging to be networked to the 93sv for waypoints. will add a ps21 or ps22 panoptix ducer to the 93sv on the bow. that way my permanent brushpile and spawning waypoints will be dedicated on the 73cv and my temporary "fishing" waypoints will be on the 7sv and 93sv.

3 scenarios that this should work extremely well, prespawn open water crappie schools that are moving, searching shallow water spawning banks for crappie and bluegill and post spawn crappie and bluegill in open water. also should help in finding and staying on schools of moving perch.

Yotekiller011":17ejjue9 said:
Hook the two units together and share waypoints

im going too, but i will have 3 units total and you can only link 2 with this series via the high speed protocol connections, but can also share thru an sd card. the newest echomap plus units have ethernet and all can be linked with a network box and they can share sonar and also share waypoints via wifi and sd card. BUT, the echomap and echomap plus units cant be connected together. the only way to share waypoints with a mix of the two is with an sd card, which is simple enough to do.

I have a 93sv on my console and 73cv on the bow. I love em but the side view is not that great. I really do not see cover on it that I know is there. It shows some but nothing like I thought I would see. CV and tradition is great on the units. Don't know if I trust the depth while running down the lake at 35 mph. Ran aground last week on Chickamauga. I was on navigation trying to stay between the bouys in terrible weather, white caps and the unit read 21 ft. Then the motor hit. I'll be reluctant to trust it again in unfamiliar waters.

Yotekiller011":3go6ir2q said:
I have a 93sv on my console and 73cv on the bow. I love em but the side view is not that great. I really do not see cover on it that I know is there. It shows some but nothing like I thought I would see. CV and tradition is great on the units. Don't know if I trust the depth while running down the lake at 35 mph. Ran aground last week on Chickamauga. I was on navigation trying to stay between the bouys in terrible weather, white caps and the unit read 21 ft. Then the motor hit. I'll be reluctant to trust it again in unfamiliar waters.

if your having trouble getting good side vu images and 2d sonar depth on plane then it sounds like your xducer installation is bad or your xducer is defective. id be on the phone with Garmin getting their help. their customer service is excellent.

id be setting a shallow watter setting in red on the lakevu maps as well. the only option that lakevu he doesnt have is dynamic lake level setting.

ive not had any problems with mine. the sidevu is comparable to lowrance elite ti but not as good as humminbird, but it does scan further than lowrance.

also keep in mind, that with the GT-52 or the CV-52 transducers, both were designed for bigger fish returns and not the fine structure detail but they do sell compatible transducers that dial in the finer details.

I've spoken to customer service I will say took a long time walking me through set up. Very nice guy but the side view is not good. The thing was installed by professionals. I just think contrast or setting is not right. I go by a large tree laying in the water or a dock with poles in the water and I see very little or nothing on SV.

Thank you for the heads up on this. What is the difference between this and the new model? Just the touch screen and WiFi? I'm sure there's probably more but that's all I gathered from the descriptions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinwheeled":2h9mc0fl said:
Thank you for the heads up on this. What is the difference between this and the new model? Just the touch screen? I'm sure there's probably more but that's all I gathered from the descriptions

the new Plus models are touchscreen assist (touchscreen with buttons). they also are wifi capable and compatible with the new active captain app, which means you can update the software on the mfd, plan map routes and share waypoints to multiple units right from a smart phone or device. waypoints can be shared from unit to unit via wifi. they are also ethernet capable meaning that if 2 units are connected via ethernet, they can share waypoints, sonar and user data via the ethernet protocol and you can now connect more than 2 units together with the additional ethernet hub. the Plus units are also compatible with the new UHD transducer, 1.2 Mhz (the competition to humminbird MEGA).

keep in mind that the older non plus models cant be networked to the newer plus models with the exception of the new 63 CV.

i might add that IMO, the UHD transducer/black box combo is overpriced. add $550 to $999 of the going price of a 93sv PLUS and you are in the price range of the helix 9 mega si and from the specs its only good to a depth of 30ft.

I know nothing about the garmins.I played with the display models at nashville basspro last weekend.They seamed like easy to use units to me,easy to navigate thru the menus for a non user.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

WTM":1liv4bvf said:
Pinwheeled":1liv4bvf said:
Thank you for the heads up on this. What is the difference between this and the new model? Just the touch screen? I'm sure there's probably more but that's all I gathered from the descriptions

the new Plus models are touchscreen assist (touchscreen with buttons). they also are wifi capable and compatible with the new active captain app, which means you can update the software on the mfd, plan map routes and share waypoints to multiple units right from a smart phone or device. waypoints can be shared from unit to unit via wifi. they are also ethernet capable meaning that if 2 units are connected via ethernet, they can share waypoints, sonar and user data via the ethernet protocol and you can now connect more than 2 units together with the additional ethernet hub. the Plus units are also compatible with the new UHD transducer, 1.2 Mhz (the competition to humminbird MEGA).

keep in mind that the older non plus models cant be networked to the newer plus models with the exception of the new 63 CV.

Thank you... got one on the way [emoji1360]

Yotekiller011":sxj7uw5l said:
I've spoken to customer service I will say took a long time walking me through set up. Very nice guy but the side view is not good. The thing was installed by professionals. I just think contrast or setting is not right. I go by a large tree laying in the water or a dock with poles in the water and I see very little or nothing on SV.

if the contrast is set high it will wash out the image but it will show fish better. id reset to 50% and recheck. another thing to check is make sure your transducer selection is correct for the type of transducer yours shipped with. sometimes it will select the GT52 by default even if the CV52 is installed. they shipped 2 different types of transducers at one time because of the lawsuit. the type should be tagged at the end of the transducer cable where you connect to the splitter cable. also the GT52 transducers are black and the CV52 are grey.

word is since they settled the lawsuit with Navico-Lowrance they are returning to the GT52 transducers.

Great info, I'll check when I get home. I know it's something simple. Bass pro does a nice job installing but terrible at setting up or explaining how to set up. It's new to me, I've read the books inside and out but the reality is it has to be set to the your liking and needs. Now I primarily crappie fish and Sauger fish and on the CV/DV it's great but the SV there must be a much bigger learning curve. Also my eye sights not great anymore, sun plays havoc on my eyes verses screen. Maybe a screen shade would help me. Like I said units are fine it's my experience that needs attention :lol: The transducer I'm pretty sure is gray, need to check to see if the unit is set for CV. Great info, Thanks.

Latest posts

Back