• Help Support TNDeer:

Garmin Support

Atchman2

So my little Garmin Sriker 4 stopped showing depth. I called support. I thought it was a bad transducer but it still didn't work when I bought a new one.

They were going to charge me $99 to fix it, not counting shipping there and back plus tax. While talking to him I jumped over to Amazon. Refurbished unit WITH transducer $94 with one year warranty! If I got mine back it would only have a 90 day warranty. That is crazy stupid.

Sent from my K90U using Tapatalk

i doubt any of the other manufacturers would send a free replacement unit from negligent use damage even if it was still under warranty. that said sometimes its more expensive to repair cheaper units than it is to buy a new one. i imagine their bench rate is the same for a striker 4 or a 93sv to a 1242xsv.

It just stopped working. Not sure the cause. I thought maybe I whacked the transducer on something. Regardless I bought the transducer without complaining. I was just shocked when that didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

i thought you had said something about cutting the xducer cable on the trolling motor, tried to repair it and ordered a new xducer. my guess was you blowed the display when you cut the xducer cable.

Latest posts

Back