• Help Support TNDeer:

Ghost trolling motor, my review for what its worth

Headhunter

Have to use it for a while to see about holding up, but one of the best things ever for fishing. I have heard how nice they are but was skeptical til I used it. Caught a bunch of hybrids Saturday, actually first day I have been out this year. I paid a guy to work on clearcoat of my boat, do not go to him, bad experience, actually thinking about having my attorney send him a letter to get money back.

But, the trolling motor is awesome, 97 lbs of thrust at 24V and can change to 36V if I want to just by adding a battery and changing setting on trolling motor, close to 3.5 mph top speed, speed settings are 0-9 and max. I will fish with it on 2 or 3 most of the time because any higher is to fast.

The "anchor" setting is awesome. Just touch the button with you foot and you can do whatever. Boat will swing with the wind, but the front end stays in the same spot. I fished off the back of the boat catching hybrids for close to an hour at one point, and never went to the front, the trolling motor held me in the same spot. Also has a button that when hit, boat goes in straight line, so if you move to a spot just hit the button, and you can retie, have a snack, etc. Also, when you want to cancel those functions, just hit any button on the foot pedal.

Spot lock/Anchor function is the best fishing invention I can think of. Im not even sure there is a close second. It makes time on the water so much more enjoyable instead of fighting the trolling motor in the wind.

Spot lock/Anchor function is the best fishing invention I can think of. Im not even sure there is a close second. It makes time on the water so much more enjoyable instead of fighting the trolling motor in the wind.
Or dropping a 50 lb ancho which is what I have used for over 30 years.

I've had one for almost a year now and it's a great trolling motor. Like you said it can be 24 or 36v by just adding a battery. Mine does however sometimes freeze up. You can move the pedal and nothing happens. Usually it comes right back but a couple of times I've had to restart the TM. I fish on average 2-4 times a week and I've had freeze probably a total of 15-20 times. So while it's annoying it's still worth the hassle to me

I fish every single day. So far so good, zero issues.

I would update software and if that doesn't help I would contact Lowrance.

Latest posts

Back