• Help Support TNDeer:

Gibson county lake crappie

DirtyBear0311

Not looking for any real specific info or anything like that. I want to get into serious crappie fishing and actually target them rather than just be an opportunistic fisherman. My question is whether or not there is really a viable population in Gibson county like and lake grahm in Jackson? If so, what do y'all find to be the best method for catching them? I have a very wide square-back canoe that I fish out of but no rod holders or anything on it. Any input is much appreciated.

Never fished for them at Gibson Co. But if I were to I would locate any mats and brush piles then cast to it with a road runner with your favorite plastic. I know a "legend" of crappie fishing who has made a living doing this. He uses Charlie Brewer plastics. Play with retrieve speeds as water temp changes.

Good deal, thanks fellas. I had some time to kill today so I bought some stuff to make a few different drop rigs and slip bobber setups. Do yall find live bait vs jigs and plastic minnows to work better or worse any particular time of year or situation?

Latest posts

Back