• Help Support TNDeer:

Good gracious

What? Only 5lbs? 😀
I called and it's the same lot as I'm shooting and that'll be enough for this new barrel. If the price of something doesn't come down after the election that may be the end of my match shooting days.

I could afford the price of powder if it didn't cost so dang much to eat and put gas in the truck and frigging health and homeowners insurance

Goodness gracious is right for that price! I just don't see anything returning to pre KungFlu prices EVER :( But, I feel very brass fortunate this morning! I found 200 once fired Lapua .308 LRP for $130 shipped yesterday. I know that brass would never suffice for Mr. Big's game but it will for me and getting it for half price vs new is a deal I couldn't refuse ;)

I called and it's the same lot as I'm shooting and that'll be enough for this new barrel. If the price of something doesn't come down after the election that may be the end of my match shooting days.

I could afford the price of powder if it didn't cost so dang much to eat and put gas in the truck and frigging health and homeowners insurance
I'm gonna wear out a barrel every year, Lord willing. With the cost of components, barrels, gunsmithing, travel etc., the cost of a competition shooter is up there with bass fishing, golf and big game hunting. I don't like it but unless you like puttering around your yard and watching TV, you gonna have to pay to play. This game has gotten too expensive like everything else. The Fed's money printing machine is working overtime and nothing will stop this inflation. It's worse than they are reporting too! I feel for you my friend.

I'm gonna wear out a barrel every year, Lord willing. With the cost of components, barrels, gunsmithing, travel etc., the cost of a competition shooter is up there with bass fishing, golf and big game hunting. I don't like it but unless you like puttering around your yard and watching TV, you gonna have to pay to play. This game has gotten too expensive like everything else. The Fed's money printing machine is working overtime and nothing will stop this inflation. It's worse than they are reporting too! I feel for you my friend.
I got into the .22 match shooting to hopefully stem the loss of revenue from handloading, and now I think I'm even broker. 😫

Heck 4-5!years ago I'd wear out a barrel in the winter time just practicing and go through 2-3 in matches in the summer. But then Krieger and Bartlien blanks were 250 instead of 450 and brass was 75$ instead of 200 and powder was 200 instead of 480 a keg and on and on,, but the stuff you have to have to live has gone up at least as much also.
But I'll continue to shoot just maybe not 5-6000 rounds of match grade ammo a year. Lol

I thought I would get a fast twist 22-250 as I want to shoot the 70 gr Accubonds faster than a 223.

Gave that up pretty quickly. I would have to get a job which may be necessary anyway,

Praying for relief when Trump gets elected.

joe did that! Hoping that after Trump wins the election, fuel prices start settling back down and other costs get back to somewhat reasonable.

Latest posts

Back