• Help Support TNDeer:

good map reading video

good post. youd be surprised at the fisherman that dont know how to read a chart. good info on adjusting the water levels too as it also keeps you from losing a lower unit.

I grew up fishing Santee Cooper. In 2007 we had a drought... some of the areas I fished were down right scary with all the stumps there when the water dropped out. It's a wonder I didn't tear up everything or kill myself along with everyone else who fished down there not knowing what was really just under the water. I fished the upper end of Lake Marion... Packs Landing and Sparkleberry Swamp. I googled the drought and found pictures and video on YouTube... turn your stomach thinking about what could have happened.

There's a bunch of mud flats right now on the upper end of Watts Bar. I went up the river towards Melton Hill dam and ran just above the 95 bridge. Ran out on the main lake to a couple bends below the city park near where the Tennessee River comes in. I didn't have a map card in my unit so I was a little timid about running any further. It'll make you want to make sure you stay in the channel when running.

Latest posts

Back