• Help Support TNDeer:

Good times last night

TRIGGER

My girlfriend has been fishing with me quite a bit but always sets at home when I fish tournaments. Not last night as her and I fished a night tournament together. Blast off was at 7:00 and at 7:08 I get the "uhhh babe!" Which is her way of saying GET THE NET lol. She landed our first keeper and set us up for winning 2nd place and $800. We ended up with 18.6 lbs for the night. I won the last night tournament I fished a couple weeks ago so I had a little pressure on me to do well again but didn't care I just wanted to have a fun and enjoyable night which we did. The best part is her father and his fishing partner fished in the tournament as well but only had 1 keeper. She is on him pretty hard for that one. :stir:

lol, this could go sideways. if shes got the bug, leave her at home on tournament day and she might end up in the boat with daddy. pretty good to land a keeper in 8 minutes.

WTM":2gc0p3fy said:
lol, this could go sideways. if shes got the bug, leave her at home on tournament day and she might end up in the boat with daddy. pretty good to land a keeper in 8 minutes.

She has the bug alright. I was surprised when she was hooked up so soon. I have her hooked on throwing a jig. I broke one off the next cast after we got hers in the box. I hate breaking fish off. :bash: on the upside is we kept an eye on the thermometer and kept the water in the livewell around 70 degrees and the fish stayed nice and lively all night.

TRIGGER":1dvyfbrx said:
WTM":1dvyfbrx said:

She has the bug alright. I was surprised when she was hooked up so soon. I have her hooked on throwing a jig. I broke one off the next cast after we got hers in the box. I hate breaking fish off. :bash: on the upside is we kept an eye on the thermometer and kept the water in the livewell around 70 degrees and the fish stayed nice and lively all night.

awesome. just keep in mind also this time of year some of the protected bays usually go thru an algae bloom this time of year and keep an eye on them. birdsong has been nasty the last couple of weeks with no rain and recirculating water like that will cause some kills because of the low DO.

Latest posts

Back