• Help Support TNDeer:

gotta love kayakers

And to everyone- please turn off your headlights when you back down the ramp in the dark so you don't blind the guy next to you trying to back down. I guess I thought that was an obvious thing to do but I guess not.

We went out a few weeks ago and came back about 3. Apparently there was a bass tournament and check was 3. I saw some of the worst boat ramp etiquette that I have ever seen. Cutting in line at the dock, blocking the road to get their fish in on time, horrible look for bass tournaments
Those are bassholes...I despise them. Not bass fishermen in general but the ones like you are describing.

And to everyone- please turn off your headlights when you back down the ramp in the dark so you don't blind the guy next to you trying to back down. I guess I thought that was an obvious thing to do but I guess not.
Unfortunately my truck you can't turn off the running lights. The headlights you can but not the running lights

Had a guy b**** at me at the ramp the other day. Try to teach me etiquette.i Said I've been doing this for 30 years. Unfortunately I can't turn off my headlights when I back down the ramp. I can turn them off once My boat is at the right depth on the ramp. I have to shut the whole truck off. But I can't turn them off when I'm backing down.

I really wish I could disable them.

Unfortunately my truck you can't turn off the running lights. The headlights you can but not the running lights

Had a guy b**** at me at the ramp the other day. Try to teach me etiquette.i Said I've been doing this for 30 years. Unfortunately I can't turn off my headlights when I back down the ramp. I can turn them off once My boat is at the right depth on the ramp. I have to shut the whole truck off. But I can't turn them off when I'm backing down.

Exact same problem with my truck. DRL stays on even though headlights are off. It's not cool at ramps in the dark. Had an old man try to get into my truck to turn my headlights off (they were) onetime while I was securing my boat off the trailer. I walked up just as he was reaching into my cab. I told him to get the f out of my truck. He just looks at me and says, "But thats Jimmy trying to back down" lol......Told him I don't know Jimmy and I DGAF who it is but he better not ever even think of doing something like that again. I think he was offended.🤣🤣

Depending on the vehicle, there is probably a way to disable them within the software. I've used Forscan to modify some of my trucks configurations and I believe DRL is one option that can be changed, though I have never looked for it.

When I was regularly using a kayak, I would park then carry my kayak (a 12' Sit on fishing one) to the waters edge. I would not block the boat ramp. I don't need to use the ramp necessarily so why block it from the boaters.

Now I've also had boats pass by at high speeds and nearly tip me over, did they see me and was it intentional? I don't know, but it seems that there is a general lack of respect across the board when it comes to people who want to enjoy the water.

Depending on the vehicle, there is probably a way to disable them within the software. I've used Forscan to modify some of my trucks configurations and I believe DRL is one option that can be changed, though I have never looked for it.

When I was regularly using a kayak, I would park then carry my kayak (a 12' Sit on fishing one) to the waters edge. I would not block the boat ramp. I don't need to use the ramp necessarily so why block it from the boaters.

Now I've also had boats pass by at high speeds and nearly tip me over, did they see me and was it intentional? I don't know, but it seems that there is a general lack of respect across the board when it comes to people who want to enjoy the water.
A little googling and I believe this should do it for my 2020 Titan truck. Thanks for the suggestion.

Completely Turning Off Your Nissan Vehicle's Headlights

If you're sick of the daytime running lights being on while you have your car parked, then we've got you covered. Here's how to shut them off completely.

1. Make sure your Nissan vehicle is completely off
  2. Turn the headlights knob on the steering column stalk to the off position
  3. Apply the parking brake/emergency brake
    Look for a pedal on the left side, just below the dash with (P) symbol on it.
  4. Start up your Nissan vehicle
  5. The headlights, including the daytime running lights, will stay off for as long as the parking brake is applied
    Warning: Don't try to drive while the parking brake is on!

lol i used to do high rep bicep curls with 135-175. when i was fighting i was a beast. still fairly strong but injuries have caught up with me.

still there is plenty of room around our ramps to sling a kayak into.

the only problem i have with them is i about ran over a guy in one. they should require a 6ft orange flag in public water.
Let me know when you wanna give her a jerk. 14 feet long and wide. And don't lose any of my gear on it while doing it LOL.

A little googling and I believe this should do it for my 2020 Titan truck. Thanks for the suggestion.

Completely Turning Off Your Nissan Vehicle's Headlights

If you're sick of the daytime running lights being on while you have your car parked, then we've got you covered. Here's how to shut them off completely.

1. Make sure your Nissan vehicle is completely off
  2. Turn the headlights knob on the steering column stalk to the off position
  3. Apply the parking brake/emergency brake
    Look for a pedal on the left side, just below the dash with (P) symbol on it.
  4. Start up your Nissan vehicle
  5. The headlights, including the daytime running lights, will stay off for as long as the parking brake is applied
    Warning: Don't try to drive while the parking brake is on!
Yep same way with the Gen 1 Tundras. Not really practical for backing down a ramp though.

Had a guy pull up in a lifted truck with those ultra bright LEDs facing the ramp as I was about to back down Friday morning. I couldn't see jack. I turned my high beams on and took my time launching. Not sure if he got the message.

Interesting. I can turn the lights off in my 2005 Tundra anytime with the switch. I bought it used. Maybe the previous owner did something to it.
They did change several times on them towards the end of the Gen 1 run which would have been 2006 as the last Gen 1 year. The only thing the switch does on mine is turn the main headlights on/off. The running lights are on all the time...which are basically the same thing as the headlights...unless you kill the engine and put the eBrake on and restart it. Then they remain off until you disengage the eBrake.

They did change several times on them towards the end of the Gen 1 run which would have been 2006 as the last Gen 1 year. The only thing the switch does on mine is turn the main headlights on/off. The running lights are on all the time...which are basically the same thing as the headlights...unless you kill the engine and put the eBrake on and restart it. Then they remain off until you disengage the eBrake.
When I turn mine off everything goes dark like an old truck before they got "smart". Some of these convenience features aren't so convenient.

There are stupid people everywhere, driving all kinds of vehicles. The worst are tournament bass anglers, they think they own the ramps. I think its funny when they are all lined up before daylight, waiting to launch their boats with their big graphs on. I just pull around them and launch my kayak. LOL.... I don't take very long though.

Latest posts

Back