• Help Support TNDeer:

Great Day on Chickamauga

TN deer hunter

Sunday we had great day pulling Crappie Reaper planer boards on several occasions we had three or four boards dancing and shaking, we probably threw back around 40 9" fish. My daughter had a blast running back and forth. Nothing better than kids having fun fishing.

B55C8C17-079F-47EA-936A-DBDCA3C531EE.jpg

A9756A30-684E-4383-A116-E597DC455A55_1.jpg

My son on Saturday.
2E6BC889-ACE2-4B39-A9E0-3591363D25EC.jpg

Ruger,

Planer boards are ideally made to fish using jigs targeting fish that's suspended, staging up in creeks in a pre-spawn mode, mostly following bait schools and are not concentrated on specific structures. The theory is to put lots of lures in the strike zone and cover water (slowly, 0.7 or 0.8 mph). The advantage of using boards is that you can cover a lot of water they also really help line management when turning and keeping lines from getting tangled when you hook fish. These bright orange planers will disturb the surface and act as a front-runner with the bait typically 2 - 40 feet behind the board. With your wide coverage and separation of lines, you have the ability to turn 180 degrees in an acre of water. This gets you back to the action quickly.

I have been building these boards for nearly a year now and sponsor four teams that fish Crappie Masters and Crappie USA tours.

You can check out more info here.
http://www.crappiereaper.com/index.html

Here is a example of how to place and spread your boards.
06F984E3-1501-427F-8055-4748765AFA89_1.jpg

You can use any light-medium rod. The length is up to you.
I use a 4'10 B'n'M light-medium on my boards in the back and a 8ft and 12ft B'n'M Pro Trolling Rods in order after that. This setup just helps in separating putting distance between your lines when retrieving fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back