• Help Support TNDeer:

Gulp Minnows... Man I love those things

Sako

Great time of year to be fishing them on Ultralight gear with 6 pound fluorocarbon. I went fishing this evening with a buddy of mine and I caught Largemouth, Bluegill, Crappie, skipjack and shellcrackers all on the same lure... 3 inch gulp minnow and a trout magnet jig... lost count of all the fish I caught but sure is fun... I kept expecting to catch a catfish and small mouth but did not... That would have been the "evening trifecta"... It is strange cause I catch a lot of channel cats on them and also small mouth but neither of those showed up tonight.

Just figured I would share the info...

Attachments

• crappie.jpg
    crappie.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 163
  • red ear.jpg
    red ear.jpg
    364.2 KB · Views: 141
nice. i use the 1" lil minnow and the pink waxies for bluegill and half the nightcrawler threaded on a panfish mushroom head(ned) for shellcrackers. i cant say that they outfish live bait but its pretty close that i dont use live bait.

nice. i use the 1" lil minnow and the pink waxies for bluegill and half the nightcrawler threaded on a panfish mushroom head(ned) for shellcrackers. i cant say that they outfish live bait but its pretty close that i dont use live bait.
I hear ya... they are very close to live bait... it never seems to amaze me the volume and variety I catch when fishing with these things... I tend to catch more on the 1 inch but mainly just catching more bream...

Great time of year to be fishing them on Ultralight gear with 6 pound fluorocarbon. I went fishing this evening with a buddy of mine and I caught Largemouth, Bluegill, Crappie, skipjack and shellcrackers all on the same lure... 3 inch gulp minnow and a trout magnet jig... lost count of all the fish I caught but sure is fun... I kept expecting to catch a catfish and small mouth but did not... That would have been the "evening trifecta"... It is strange cause I catch a lot of channel cats on them and also small mouth but neither of those showed up tonight.

Just figured I would share the info...
Funny you should post that. I fished with the 4 inch gulp minnow Friday for the first time . I caught 3 large mouth, several got off. 3 channel catfish and a sauger. I started off today with a 3 inch gulp minnow and only got one hit on it all morning before I switched to a crank bait.

Funny you should post that. I fished with the 4 inch gulp minnow Friday for the first time . I caught 3 large mouth, several got off. 3 channel catfish and a sauger. I started off today with a 3 inch gulp minnow and only got one hit on it all morning before I switched to a crank bait.
of course FAL friday was outstanding as compared to today. when they hungry, they hungry but when they aint, they are finicky.

E5BF3B06-C62A-4224-A3D9-0A916E3569CD.png

9C52B2C8-DCE4-4E8E-A682-5507E1ED3C97.png

Second biggest largemouth I ever caught was on a gulp minnow. I just had it dangling over the side of the boat and a 7+ pound largemouth came out of no where and inhaled it on the French Broad across the river from where the little pigeon dumps out in to it.

Is this an App?
yeah its free to use on a day by day basis. i bought the full app for a couple of bucks which allows you to pull up any day.

a yankee buddy turned me on to it. he used it for 2 years and calculated its accuracy to around 80%. he holds the record for the most master angler certificates in michigan. ive been using it for 4 years and seeing around the same accuracy.

on low FAL days ive seen fish act more finicky and sometimes spooky but it doesnt mean they cant be caught.

i do not use it for hunting.

Latest posts

Back