• Help Support TNDeer:

Has any of y'all ever ...

Poser said:
Awesome grammer for a thread on writing magazine articles! :D

:D

No, I haven't. I'm not very good at making my words come to life like some. "bowriter" "rsimms", and one or two more do. They're all very talented and well spoken guys.

I really don't know. I submitted it to a magazine asking for articles written about your local hunting and fishing. Asked for amateur articles and I submitted one, but I received a letter back saying it wasn't what they were interested in, however, the Knoxville News Sentinel Published it about a year later.

I have had one article published in a hunting and fishing magazine and another article, not the same one, published in a newspaper....

not a big deal or anything, but I'm two for two...lol.

You all dont fear.most of us here read what is typed & enjoy it!.no need to buy a magazine to get the real story.thanks to all for sharing

If you want good examples of outdoor writing, a great place to start is the Gray's Sporting Journal, the best writing by far. Many of the older writers are great, Jack O'connor, Robert Ruark, Capstick (a little over the top but enjoyable). I have not read anything BSK has published, but for the most part nothing published from anyone on this site (other than Ruger's book) I would even use for toilet paper.

I hope nothing I post ever gets into any of Bowriter's articles. If I could deny permission for that (not sure what the details are or if possible) but if it means anything he has no permission from me for anything.

MUP said:
We do it every day here! ;) Our views are compiled into BW's articles from time to time. :)
:grin: So we have been told numerous times in the past anyway!!
To answer the question, NO. I have been interviewed and articles written a few times, but never done any writing myself.

Grays is one of the best but not one to sell to. This is a terrible time to start a writing job. Print journalism, especiaolly outdoor writing is on the way out. The only possible exception is technical writing. The on-line market is a somewhat hot market now. They just buy a fewe wurds at a tyme. However, they pay next to nothing.

Latest posts

Back