• Help Support TNDeer:

Haven't been on the water in a while

catman529

Aside from work, and the occasional canoe float, I've been busy with the old Cherokee. I've still got a ways to go, but I got the front end finished up tonight. The new deck, lights and depthfinder, and comfy new seat are nice.

Everything electrical is run through a fuse box and a terminal block now. I will have a separate system for the starting battery to run the bilge pump and a couple extra lights.

It's been a fun project so far. 1,000 trips to the store of course...

429a764f4a312d0c205ac3edca8ac648.jpg

268eb8d7334d3126f1a165eea1d1e9b4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spurhunter":1u3icnol said:
Very nice! I like how you are keeping the wires neat and clean and all the fuses accessible. You'll appreciate that when you blow one.
it sure is nice now, used to be a jumbled mess of wires and I'd be stacking 3 or 4 on each battery terminal.

The wiring looks awesome, how did you know what size fuse to put in the block? I'm wanting to do the similar thing to my new boat I have a 95 fish and ski and I'm having to stack the wires like you used to have to do! Some of my gauges don't work so I'm going to have to figure all that out I'm just wanting to update the wiring like you did

CritterGitter":30f71jz0 said:
The wiring looks awesome, how did you know what size fuse to put in the block? I'm wanting to do the similar thing to my new boat I have a 95 fish and ski and I'm having to stack the wires like you used to have to do! Some of my gauges don't work so I'm going to have to figure all that out I'm just wanting to update the wiring like you did
some of it I guessed and some just simple math. The main thing is that the wire is thick enough gauge and the main fuse to the battery is 30 amps since the terminal block is rated for 30 amps.

Aquaholic":f9zl52a0 said:
Looks good ...
One suggestion... dialectic grease on all connections

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
I have the grease, I haven't put it on all the connections yet

Cat this helps when dealing with stranded wire splaying out on you when making a connection. Strip however much you need, then strip just about an 1/8" or so and push it to the end but not off the wire.
1912c10d3fbd7eef5b0d9c6e09a82354.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

hillbillyfab":1r5f4r4d said:
Cat this helps when dealing with stranded wire splaying out on you when making a connection. Strip however much you need, then strip just about an 1/8" or so and push it to the end but not off the wire.
1912c10d3fbd7eef5b0d9c6e09a82354.jpg

shoot I didn't even think of that, and I just saw that trick on YouTube a few days ago

I didn't know it was on the YouTube. I had an old krusty, sparkie(electrician) show me that when I was cutting my teeth in the trades. I've used it numerous times since seeing it.

hillbillyfab":37s67qo5 said:
I didn't know it was on the YouTube. I had an old krusty, sparkie(electrician) show me that when I was cutting my teeth in the trades. I've used it numerous times since seeing it.

was watching DeBoss Garage and he was wiring something in his shop and showed it. It's a great idea

Latest posts

Back