• Help Support TNDeer:

Headed to old hickory

Smithcotrapper

Hey I'm headed to old hickory this weekend with one of my friends that's never caught a bass before not really looking for size but does anybody have any tips that might help me put him on one Saturday?

If it's sunny throw a 6" watermelon lizard
If it's cloudy throw a 6" June bug lizard.
If it's windy throw some chartreuse combination of a square bill crank bait.
Any of these should produce numbers. If you get bored go to deeper water and throw some pig n jigs black and blue

Well thanks I'll give a report for sure. Any structure I should be Keeing in on. I know the fish are starting to move into there spawning grounds, but just creeks or wood,rocks,anything particularl I should kee in on

Well I caught 3 bass today. Didn't fish to hard. I caught a 4 pounder pretty early in the morning followed by some 12 and 13 inchers then it slowed down. Did miss a few fish so I probably could have caught more. Fished with a green pumpkin lizard and they were all in less tha. 4' of water

Well boys I'm headed to Davis corner Saturday. Are the majority of the bass up in bed yet? Last I heard there were a few moving up but not a ton. Thinking I'm gonna throw Texas rigged lizards,craws,and worms. Does that sound pretty good to yall?

I went to Davis Corner this evening about 4-8:30PM and it was rough. Everyone out on the water was talking about it. I fished a t rigged watermelon lizard and a blue lizard mostly. Seemed like a lot of little one snapped at the lizard tales but wouldn't commit. Boated two around 2.5-3 lbs apiece and got two more up to the boat before coming off. I could see they had ahold of the lizard but not far enough up to get the hook. 6" was shortest lizards I had but the fish were big enough for that just wouldn't commit.

I pit in at shutes this afternoon and fished from 4-6:30 ultralight style. Caught lots of different fish and found a couple of killer bluegill and shellcracker beds. Going back Friday afternoon. I hope nobody wears the beds out between now and then.

Hey alexdad I think I saw you. We were in the little v-bottom Jon boat with just a trolling motor on it. I'm headed back this Saturday yall wish me luck. Went this afternoon at laguardo beach and bank fished. Saw one 3 pounder sitting on bed by wouldn't bite

Smithcotrapper":1v0myhf9 said:
Hey alexdad I think I saw you. We were in the little v-bottom Jon boat with just a trolling motor on it. I'm headed back this Saturday yall wish me luck. Went this afternoon at laguardo beach and bank fished. Saw one 3 pounder sitting on bed by wouldn't bite

No, I have an 18' blue/white Bumble Bee. I went again Friday night and was digging thru storage compartments on the boat and found some dark pink almost red skinny worms about 4" and caught two almost 2lbs. I was still pulling a few right up to the boat that had almost all of the lure just short of the hook in their mouth.

I know I was just saying what we were in. Sorry for the confusion. I've been talking to a few of my buddies and they're all saying the fishings a little rough right now

Smithcotrapper":24dhteie said:
I know I was just saying what we were in. Sorry for the confusion. I've been talking to a few of my buddies and they're all saying the fishings a little rough right now

Yeah! I read your post wrong! My bad.

Email me at [email protected] and we can meet out at Davis Corner and you can hop on my boat and we'll see what we can catch. I'm gonna try to go either Thursday or Friday evening.

Alright I will. We went this evening and I caught 1 little one but had a few bites on a lizard and when it got dark a black buzz bait stirred em up pretty good

Latest posts

Back