• Help Support TNDeer:

Help i cant make my mind up!

solocam_5

I know this is tn deer not ohio deer talk, but who on here hunts there? Iv got access to a few farms that ajoin the tri valley area and one one the conesville coal land area. Im stuck on whether to hunt a 80 acre lease i have in stewart co. Tn and the fort and lbl or go give these places in ohio i listed a shot! Any one who has hunted theses places could give me some info i would really greatly appreciate it, you can pm me if you want to keep it private, im literaly loosing sleep over this! Thanks

solocam_5 said:
Thanks for the replys! Anyone ever hunt up in muskigum or coshocton countys?

I don't know much about Coshocton, but if I had private property in Muskingum County, I wouldn't even buy a TN license. Lots of deer and lots of big deer.

I've hunted in Holmes county not far from coshocton and there are some serious monsters up there my Uncle has 88 acres there and cousin owns a Christmas tree farm that holds some big ones. I would choose Ohio!!

All of Ohio is not golden. I have hunted up there several times. One time, on a private farm 45-miles east of Columbus, I saw some quality deer. Where I hunted north of Cinti., was no better than what I saw here.

Your decision should be based on what is there. Ask around up there. See what those areas produce. Then decide.

I have permission on a 150 acre tract of private land South of Zanesville, in Muskingham county. I've had this permission for 9 years now, and have YET to hunt it. I went up there the year I received permission around the first of September to scout a couple of days. Let me tell you, there is definitely a very good number of bucks with quality bone in that area. I rode around early and late both days I was there, and was amazed at how many 125"+ bucks that I saw. The ONLY reason that I have not hunted it is for a lack of time. I just can't/won't stop hunting Ky and Southern Illinois; and since my time away from home is limited, I can't hunt them all......yet! Hard work has got to pay off for me someday. Then I will have more time on my hands. To respond to your post, if you have the time and the resources......go for it! At least you will KNOW what you may be missing.

I've hunted private land in the Coshocton, Gurnsey, Muskingum area for several years. I've yet to kill a "Big" buck but I'll generally see more deer in one week there than I see all season in Tennessee (including middle TN). I would't waste my time on the Conesville land during any of the firearms seasons. Unless you like 100's of people walking around in the woods. Not may ppl sit a wait on deer up there. They do alot of deer drives.

I would HIGHLY recommend the private land in that area. I've seen some whoppers, just haven't connected yet.

Two letters: OH.

I have hunted Ohio for several years. Cashocacotan (yea, I know I can't spell) is Huge Buck & high number of deer land. I also hunt Jackson & Sciota. Counties. This year I should get to hunt another 4100 acre farm. I love hunting TN, but OH is where fantasies can come true!

Go North my Brother, go North.

Thanks for all the info guys i believe were gona give it a try, we have hunted fort and lbl now for 9 years making 2 to 3 trip a year up there and i have yet to kill a big daddy, but i have had my oppurtunty just about every year but i just have horrible luck!

A buddy of mine killed a 186 in Muskingum co. He has hunted all over the place and told me I have to go there (Ohio). He has also killed a couple of 150's there. He was hunting with an outfitter not sure which one. He also said the body size of those bucks were huge!

One more question? If my private land dont pan out like its supposes to would you guys rather hunt fort campbell and lbl or some public ground there in central ohio?

Back