• Help Support TNDeer:

High water creek fishin after a cold front...

catman529

I kind of wanted to go yesterday, but the big cold front that just came through, and high water from all the rain, had me hesitant to even grab my fishing rod.

Then my good friend Rob called me while I was organizing a new tackle box, and he had the same idea. He fishes a lot more than I do, he's been sending me pics of some real nice smallmouth throughout deer season while I hunted every chance I got.

So I figured if he had the same idea, we might as well give it a shot.

If you want to skip reading the rest, I got some half way decent video: https://youtu.be/1QLVXxx3MCg

When the water is up, I like to fish creek mouths, where the current is slack and the water isn't as muddy. I figured we would try a couple different creeks if we had time.

Creek #1 produced a bunch of rock bass and a couple decent smallies.

Creek #2 produced a couple rock bass and 4 nice smallmouth. We caught the smallmouth up the creek to where the swollen river level met the normal flow of the creek.

One reason I hate fishing cold days is my hands, my fingers get way too cold way too easily. I kept some jumbo hand warmers in my coat pockets and that helped a lot.

178d1e77b5df2062033a91f22e322f29.jpg

62e2b17a8fe5f35bdf42625ede046cde.jpg

950153b847cad9eedd25adb6b37791de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back