• Help Support TNDeer:

Home Made Livewell/Aerator

CBU93

Anybody have any ideas on a good, easy to assemble, homemade livewell or aerator system? I want to keep some fish alive for a few hours as well as utilize as a bait tank in the future. Plans or links to something on the net would be awesome. Saw a few so far, but noting I am really leaning towards.

I prefer not to recirculate water but that's not an option for a removable unit. I've built a baitwell out of a water cooler like the ones in the video. A cooler livewell will be your best option.

I put enough cord on it to be able to plug it in the cig plug in the cab of my truck. That way I can catch bait a day or 2 ahead of time and don't have to haul a boat or extra battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For minnows I just run 2 bubble boxes in a 48 quart cooler. Just drilled holes in the top to run the lines through and mounted the boxes on Velcro. You can keep minnows several days on this if you don't over crowd them. You could keep bigger fish but I'm not sure for how long. I used a bilge pump a few years ago to build a tank for really large bait. I set the pump in the bottom of a cooler, plumed pipe from it to and around the top, capped the pipe, drilled a ton of holes in the pipe above water line. The biggest thing I have seen kill fish doing this is hot water, dirty water, crowding.

I can keep bluegill and other bait fish alive in my cooler tank for up to 10 days very easily. Even in the heat of summer. The key is to change water every other day.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back