• Help Support TNDeer:

Hooks stuck in your forearm hurt.

Kirk

I was fishing a small tournament this morning. The guy I was fishing with carries a back pack style tackle bag. I really didn't notice that he had an A-rig sticking out the side of the bag. At the end off the tournament the rain moved in. I was trying to get the boat on the trailer. The drivers seat was wet on the boat. I hurriedly grabbed a towel and made some desperate swipes at the seat to dry it enough to sit in. Third swipe felt something sting my right forearm. I first thought Wasp. I looked down and had a rig hook buried in my forearm past the barb. He had placed the backpack between the front two seats with the exposed A-Rig on my side of the business. Hurt like a sumbitch when I yanked it out.

I know what ya mean. I was getting a Bandit crankbait unhung from a tree by jerking it and it came loose and shot back like a rocket burying 2 of the 3 barbs in my forearm. Had to get my brother to push it through and cut the barbs. Felt a little sick to my stomach while that was going on. Ditto the tetanus shot if its been a while since you had one.

I bet it hurts... I've been fishing 12 years and never buried one past the barb, knock on wood....I did have a limb line catch the top of my hand once while drifting down a creek in a Jon boat. It pulled tight and stretched the skin but somehow didn't tear or puncture past the barb. Got it loose with no problem

Sent from the talk of tap

I have buried one twice in my fingers, and the line tricked worked both times. The second time, I had about a 12" smallmouth hooked on the bottom hook of a jerk bait. I reached for him, and he gave a flop which buried the middle hook in my finger. I then had a wild smallmouth on one hook and me on the other. I was by myself so I had to manage to wrestle him to the floor of the boat and get him to stay still long enough to get the hook out his mouth before I could focus on getting it out of my hand. It was an interesting few minutes. :)

Latest posts

Back