• Help Support TNDeer:

How bad will the fishing be ?

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Supposed to have a high of 77 today then a high of 72 on Friday with thunderstorms all day.
Then on Friday night it is supposed to drop to 37 degrees and a high of 63 on Saturday with sunshine.

35 degree temp drop on Friday and about a 10 degree drop in highs from the day before.

In my experience this usually means fish die of starvation before they would eat.

How bad do you think it will be on Saturday?
Thinking about going after some Crappie.

I was going to go fishing on Friday at the Lower Hatchie NWR. But with 60% chance storms, and winds 15-20 mph...I might find something else to do.

Ruger - The starting gun has been fired. There is no turning back now in their migration to the spawning grounds. Length of daylight and sun exposure to the water surface is more important than air temps from this point forward. In my opinion of course.

I've been debating the same thing. I'm out of town most of this month for work so I have limited outdoor time. I can't decide whether to Turkey hunt Saturday or to go fishing and hope the cold front doesn't mess things up. You all bring up valid points. They've already started moving up to spawn and I guess it makes sense that they won't change course. It's in their nature to feed heavily this time of year. Now, in the Fall, I absolutely won't go fishing after a cold front. I've learned that lesson already, I'll just go hunt something. I think we'll be ok tomorrow. It might be windy which makes it a bit tough for me to fish since I'm always in a kayak but I think I might give it a go in the afternoon until dark.

Latest posts

Back