• Help Support TNDeer:

How many times

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Do you strain and re-use oil in your fryer for fish?

I only use peanut oil.

Just curious how many times you use it and how do you tell it is time to throw it out? Do you go by the smell or what?

I use it at least 2 or 3 times unless it sits for a long time, then I just use new oil. Used to freeze the used oil, but thawing a chunk of peanut oil takes time and I don't have much freezer space

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i don't cook enough to save it.. i tried saving it one time, and by the next time I wanted to use it, it smelled funky.. so I will toss it each time unless I plan on cooking w/it again withing a week or so.

If you strain it through a filter back into an air tight container and keep it fairly cool peanut oil can be used 8-10 times easy. It has a super high flash point and retains very little taste unlike say vegetable oil which takes on taste pretty much after 1 use.

I strain it and keep in the fridge. Only use peanut oil. Probably use it 8-10 times. Throw it out when it gets real dark and starts transferring that color to the fish.

All depends on the cooker!!
Cajun Works fryers are the bomb, the bottom does not get hot enough to burn the crumbs that fall and scorch the oil with the design of the heating chamber.
I have fish oil (veg) that has been used 18-20 times, that is another plus to those cookers you don't have to buy peanut oil.

X-Tennessean":3nygzeuo said:
All depends on the cooker!!
Cajun Works fryers are the bomb, the bottom does not get hot enough to burn the crumbs that fall and scorch the oil with the design of the heating chamber.
I have fish oil (veg) that has been used 18-20 times, that is another plus to those cookers you don't have to buy peanut oil.

That is a good point and I really didn't think about it till you said that.
When I strained my oil last time and put it back in the jug I noticed the crumbs weren't very dark at all.

Latest posts

Back