• Help Support TNDeer:

How Old is That Bass?

rsimms

You captured a trophy largemouth bass and for many anglers, the first question that pops into their head is, "I wonder how old it is?"

Here's your answer: http://bit.ly/2sSdeFF

Attachments

• cff_benhayes9u.jpg
    cff_benhayes9u.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 799
Wow.
I would deduct then that the "average" 7-9-lb bass in TN is therefore about 10 years old?

And probably only a tiny percentage of bass that reach 5 years of age
actually continuing to live (without sacrifice) even to 7 or 8 years of age?

Pretty amazing that a bass fingerling typically has to reach 5 years of age to exceed 15 inches in length.

Think I'm going fishing this afternoon, and hoping there will be no sacrifices :tu:

Oh, good article :)

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER":pwtbplhu said:
Interesting article,I have been looking for info on gabe keens bass.do you know if they determined if it was Florida strain or not

Yes, it was an F1 hybrid (cross between pure Florida bass strain and northern largemouth).

rsimms":16o1rabf said:
ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER":16o1rabf said:
Interesting article,I have been looking for info on gabe keens bass.do you know if they determined if it was Florida strain or not

Yes, it was an F1 hybrid (cross between pure Florida bass strain and northern largemouth).

My dad just stocked his new pond with half northern and half Florida bass. I hope that several years down the road we'll have a real good fishing spot.

Latest posts

Back