• Help Support TNDeer:

Humminbird 360?

Haven't owned one but have been in the boat with the unit. The guy was a well known Humminbird rep and never turned
it on. At the end of the day I asked how he liked it and he said "it's not ready yet" and that was pretty much it. The was about
a year ago so not sure if its changed.

chunkandwind":1ixxhhpr said:
Haven't owned one but have been in the boat with the unit. The guy was a well known Humminbird rep and never turned
it on. At the end of the day I asked how he liked it and he said "it's not ready yet" and that was pretty much it. The was about
Not ready yet? It's been out for years!

I have the fear of buying it and then Humminbird immediately releasing something new.

Maybe I'll wait and see if anything is new at icast next week.

TNReb":2njhib0c said:
chunkandwind":2njhib0c said:

I have the fear of buying it and then Humminbird immediately releasing something new.

I would be willing to bet you will see a "mega" version of 360 soon!!
I have been running it for a year and half and it is a useful tool but took me longer to figure out/understand than any other piece of electronics on my boat. As with all the rest proper installation is the major factor in how it performs and learning how to adjust your settings.

I just traded my rig off Saturday and kept all my gear (bought a tritoon) and don't think I will put the 360 back on.

X-Tennessean":qnlh5j0t said:
TNReb":qnlh5j0t said:
chunkandwind":qnlh5j0t said:

I would be willing to bet you will see a "mega" version of 360 soon!!
I have been running it for a year and half and it is a useful tool but took me longer to figure out/understand than any other piece of electronics on my boat. As with all the rest proper installation is the major factor in how it performs and learning how to adjust your settings.

I just traded my rig off Saturday and kept all my gear (bought a tritoon) and don't think I will put the 360 back on.
360 is a useful tool if you learn how to interpet it.What a tritoon,is it gonna be the new fishing machine

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

360 is a useful tool if you learn how to interpet it.What a tritoon,is it gonna be the new fishing machine

That is the plan plus able to cruise and play on!! I will pick me up another aluminum boat smaller to fish out of when I am by myself!

TRIGGER":2akw3bed said:
Need to look at the Garmin live view.

It looks cool, but at this point I'm not spending money to switch my electronics over to Garmin.

TNReb":heazlb20 said:
TRIGGER":heazlb20 said:
Need to look at the Garmin live view.

It looks cool, but at this point I'm not spending money to switch my electronics over to Garmin.

I agree. But the upside is you could use it as a stand alone unit. No need in it communicating with other units for the live view function to be helpful. At least that's what I'm trying to convince myself lol

Yep,if i ever bought one it would be a stand alone unit,im hook on lowrance,lol
WTM":1vqczv3x said:
a lot of folks use a garmin head and panoptix xducer as a stand alone unit.

bluball":1ghd9wpl said:
Yep,if i ever bought one it would be a stand alone unit,im hook on lowrance,lol
WTM":1ghd9wpl said:
a lot of folks use a garmin head and panoptix xducer as a stand alone unit.

yeah, i want a ps22-tr but they gonna have to come off that $999 price tag, lol. i dont need the newest panoptix especially for $1500 just for the xducer and blackbox.

its a game changer as long as you know how to use it. Ive seen fish on it and casted in that direction and caught the fish i was looking at. I mainly use it to find the original pods of Eel grass down on guntersville.

Deerslayer17":201kgf3b said:
its a game changer as long as you know how to use it. Ive seen fish on it and casted in that direction and caught the fish i was looking at. I mainly use it to find the original pods of Eel grass down on guntersville.

What do you mean by finding the original pods of eel grass?

I've only fished the lake once... this spring in May... and there was grass everywhere. Do you mean you're using it earlier in the year to find the grass that is just starting to grow?

I meant the thick pods of eel grass. i use it to look for the thicker pods of eel grass and its like the bass or in the thick pods better than the not thicker pods of eel grass. I use it when the eel grass comes up and even up into the summer/early fall months.

When the crappie are schooled it makes a huge difference. I do not use mine 12 months out of the year but the 3-4 months I do use it makes a difference in the amount of fish caught. When trolling I can see stumps or fish before I get to them and maneuver to get my baits in the right location.

Latest posts

Back