• Help Support TNDeer:

Humminbird Deal

This is a Great deal. Use the Humminbird transducer trade in program and upgrade to the HDSI ducer. I put a Gen 1 Helix 9SI on my bow with a trolling motor transducer, an upgrade from a 788Ci 5" Bird, and I'm telling you it is a difference maker. I paid $650 and thought I had robbed a bank.

When you register the unit you get in the Humminbird system and become eligible for software upgrades. One of those is an upgrade for "Humminbird Basemap" which provides detailed US lake maps for the unit. The Helix 9 SI can also support Lakemaster mapping, Navionics Premium, and Navionics Platinum if you already own map cards.

I am probably going to trade the rear transducer but keep the front and use it on the trolling motor since its smaller... unless there is a better option that will do it all and is better protected. My core units were all registered but I never paid much attention to what you could do. I did upgrade the info a time or two but went back when the 2D appeared to be better on the old software. I'm thinking the cards I have are premium. I'd have to check to be sure.

They are back to normal price now... $850ish if I remember correctly.

Lowrance is coming out with the new version of the Hook series... Hook 2 I think it's called. Supposed to do SI,DI and 2D in a simpler to use unit. It's supposed to be very affordable. I've never been a fan of their SI but their DI and 2D were always good. I think Humminbird put a hurting on them with the Helix model. I see a bunch of them out there and even a few pros run them. I wasn't sure what direction I was going to go but couldn't pass up this deal.

yeah that was a great online deal. most of the deals were in store only.

garmin has been upsetting the market with the release of their new units and humminbird and lowrance will probably need to lower their prices or produce comparable units with the same features in order to compete. win win for all.

I just don't see Garmin as a better unit. I know they just made a big purchase with Nav but unless I'm confused their prices are higher for a lesser unit.

Now I agree on the prices being ridiculous. The Solix and Carbon units are priced way out of most people's range. I saw a boat the other day that had 2 carbon 16s and 2 carbon 12s. That's busting $17,000 in the head on just stupid fish finders.

SilverFox":15u2ie5k said:
I just don't see Garmin as a better unit. I know they just made a big purchase with Nav but unless I'm confused their prices are higher for a lesser unit.

Now I agree on the prices being ridiculous. The Solix and Carbon units are priced way out of most people's range. I saw a boat the other day that had 2 carbon 16s and 2 carbon 12s. That's busting $17,000 in the head on just stupid fish finders.

not really a better unit, with the exception of their 2d chirp, but as a midrange entry level unit for $999 for a little bit larger 9" screen, they are getting some of that market along with a 7" unit that does si and di for $749. those are next gen prices, last gen sales this month could be had for $450-500 for the 9" unit.

You're going to love them. Using the HBird Transducer trade in program you will want the HDSI transducers. When I initially installed my Helix 9 SI I ran it with the compact transducer and when I bought a Helix 7 for the console I upgraded to the HDSI and put it on the 9" unit at the bow. All I can tell you is the difference is remarkable. I ended up buying an HDSI transducer to put on the 7" unit running it off my jackplate. Improved the Helix 7 images incredibly also. I have a Minn Kota Maxxum trolling motor and quite honestly don't think the size of the HDSI transducer is an issue. The compact is certainly smaller, but for the image improvement I'm glad I did it.

Latest posts

Back