• Help Support TNDeer:

I got to watch one DIE!

spitndrum

4-25-10

Started off going in blind this morning neither of us had hunted this particular field on this Piece of public land. Once we got there and I seen star skies I thought it would be a good morning, as soon as we got down to the river we got the decoy set up and the birds started up, not many but heard prolly 3 birds total none ever felw off the ridge across the river to the field we was hunting, so we decided to check a few more fields that we could hunt. So we got in the truck and started to check them and seen a few birds but all on private land untouchable to us. Got a hold of my brother and he had not heard a bird on our other peice of property either, I told him to meet us for breakfast, well on the way to meet them Me and seth seen a big bird in a field and I called my brother and said we will be a few minutes we are gonna kill this one right quik, he laughed and gets off the phone we parked the truck got out suited up and proceeded into the woods to pass into the next field over we had seen the bird in, the wind was howling and it gave us a great opportunity to stalk even closer once we got to where seth could see him he said there he is 60 yards you gonna kill him, I said no I don't see him, he said he is right there and tried to point him out to me, well I was looking for a strutter and this bird was a typical 2 year old and never strutted, I crawled in closer and finally seen him, I yelped softly to him and he casually walked the other direction but stopped every time to look for my yelps, finally I knew something had to be done and seth asked me you gonna shoot him and I replied I wanna make sure he is a longbeard I'm not killing a jake, he said I'll kill it if its a jake, I then made a decision to let youngblood shoot, I said well get your butt up here and kill him, I know its a male bird, he rises to his feet and takes 3 steps out into the field edge and shoots, and says YEAH BABY, and I run out and grab the flopping lifeless TOM :D I have had a awesome deer hunt with this kid that some of you recall from juvy last year and now a turkey hunt life is good, and SPIT got to see one die atleast I was tickled to death for him!

Juvy Hunt results
078.jpg

Today
Jackson Co.
20lbs
9 1/4 inch beard
3/4 inch spurs
114.jpg

Latest posts

Back