• Help Support TNDeer:

I hate wind

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I swear I would rather it rain than the wind blow like it is this morning.
I got everything ready to go fishing and I just don't know if I can make myself fight it to go.

Never knew how much the wind blew here till I got a boat. :D

But.... then again, there probably won't be many boats out there in my way. :D

I watch a lot of fishing shows and those pros complain if there's no wind and I guess a little wind is good. They get up tight if the water is as smooth as glass. But I'm like you I hate fishing in the wind. I don't have a million dollar trolling motor I can program to keep me in one spot or power poles. I don't have a lot of fun fishing when I spend more time fighting the trolling motor.

Wind helps with the bite but I have aluminum boat and stay home when calling for 10mph or more. 5 to 10 I know I will get aggravated. The only thing I really miss about a heavy fiberglass boat.

fairchaser":3a503m7i said:
A heavy duty drift sock is the way to fish the wind. It will save your trolling motor battery too.

The guy that I bought my boat from actually had one of those.
He used it to drift for Crappie on KY lake.
I threw it away, I knew I wouldn't ever be out there on the big water in high winds. :D

Sucks. They said 3-4mph wind today and it turned out to be 15mph. We had to work at it but brought home 20 crappie pulling crank baits. I do like a little wind when we're crappie fishing. It pushes the bait fish so their not all spread out everywhere but anything over about 7mph is a pain in my ars.

if you fish with out a terrova you don't know what you are missing. spot lock tho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back