• Help Support TNDeer:

I highly recommend Sportsman's Guide

scn said:
And what did they say when you contacted them about their mistake?

Ha! Oh ye, of little faith...

It's still on my front porch where I found it when I came home. I had to run to a dinner and now SG is closed for the weekend, so I plan to call them Monday to see if they want to have someone pick it up and ship it back. I have no use for a ladder stand, so if they tell me to keep it I already have a buyer lined up for it.

I just think it's hilarious that I ordered something so small and they shipped something so big. The packing list even has the item that I ordered on it. It's like ordering a car and being shipped an 18-wheeler. It made for a good laugh at the house tonight.

Vermin93 said:
scn said:
And what did they say when you contacted them about their mistake?

Ha! Oh ye, of little faith...

It's still on my front porch where I found it when I came home. I had to run to a dinner and now SG is closed for the weekend, so I plan to call them Monday to see if they want to have someone pick it up and ship it back. I have no use for a ladder stand, so if they tell me to keep it I already have a buyer lined up for it.

I just think it's hilarious that I ordered something so small and they shipped something so big. The packing list even has the item that I ordered on it. It's like ordering a car and being shipped an 18-wheeler. It made for a good laugh at the house tonight.

good deal. i hate ladder stands as well. too big heavy and obvious. i would sell as well. they will wont want to ship it back. it is yours.

I have done business with them for years and years. I once ordered a pair of wool pants & matching shirt and got 5 pants and 5 shirts, I asked, they said not to worry, keep em. Still got some of them. I washed one pair in hot water and honest they shrunk down so much it was almost like a cartoon.

I am very cautious when dealing with them. Ordered a pair of boots advertised as 1200 grams thinsulate. Came in with tag that said 600 grams. Called and all they would say is they were tagged wrong was the reason they were so cheap. They wouldn't do anything. Those boots were the coldest insulated boots ever I owned.

DWM said:
I am very cautious when dealing with them. Ordered a pair of boots advertised as 1200 grams thinsulate. Came in with tag that said 600 grams. Called and all they would say is they were tagged wrong was the reason they were so cheap. They wouldn't do anything. Those boots were the coldest insulated boots ever I owned.

They have to make up for all the free hunting things they ship out somehow :)

DWM said:

there 600 grams per boot. cant you add

I buy from them a few times a year......I prefer Cabela's . they are fast......Most things I order from Cabela's gets to my door in 2-3 days...year round.

I do like SG, though.

Ive ordered a few things from SG even though I have a Cabela's CC and buy most of my gear from them. My problem with the SG is that everything I have bought always is just a little on the lower quality side. I guess there is no free lunch. But, I already knew that.

just ordered a new backpack from them $33 to my door and it has a detachable compartment perfect for strapping a treestand on with (made for a bow but will work great with my lonewolf.

Quality isn't incredible but I'm not going on a DIY out west for a week. I'm walking a couple miles with a stand and gear for a day hunt.

Update: SG sent UPS to come get the ladder stand and they shipped me the item that I actually ordered. My friend who wanted to buy the ladder stand is bummed out...

I am hoping that the lumbar backrest will help me sit in my hang on stands longer and with less moving around. If it helps I will let everyone know.

Latest posts

Back