• Help Support TNDeer:

I was thinking..........

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I guess this is one of many reasons I could never fish for a living. LOL

I was just thinking back about one body of water that I fish. It dawned on me that all my "good fish" (Over 5#) have come off of or VERY near points that face the open area of the lake. Textbook I guess, a point with deeper water very nearby.

I am thinking I might change my strategy this year.
Normally I just go to proven areas and start there and bang away and beat the bank through areas that have been "productive" in years / trips past.

I purchased a card to go in my depth finder this Winter that is basically a map of the entire lake with topo lines on it.
I am thinking my time would be better served (If I can figure out how to use the map) by going from point to point that are close to deeper water and skip the bank beating that produces 1-2 pound fish and never really anything larger.

Just kind of a Hmmmmmm type deal for me. :D

Good mapping software is a game-changer, I don't care what you're fishing for. Are you using Lakemaster, Navionics or Garmin? (They're all good, but I'm a Lakemaster guy).)
I'm not sure what the guy used to create the topo map but I am using a Hummingbird unit.
If I had a Lowrance I could have gotten the one with the entire lake mapped with side imaging.

I'm not sure what the guy used to create the topo map but I am using a Hummingbird unit.
If I had a Lowrance I could have gotten the one with the entire lake mapped with side imaging.
So what lake? Did you buy a card where an individual simply recorded his own map?
The standard Southeast Lakemaster card is about $100 and includes detailed mapping of all the major lakes. But if your talking about one of the TWRA lakes, they probably wouldn't be mapped in detail.

sounds like he used autochart live. its a feature built into the head that allows you to make your own maps on gps enabled units. you might check their online community, they may have some maps of other lakes you can download.

So what lake? Did you buy a card where an individual simply recorded his own map?
The standard Southeast Lakemaster card is about $100 and includes detailed mapping of all the major lakes. But if your talking about one of the TWRA lakes, they probably wouldn't be mapped in detail.
Carrol County 1,000 acre recreational lake, yes that's the name. LOL
He recorded his own map, the way I understand it anyway.
Mine was either 45 or 50 bucks, can't remember exactly.

Actually it was $57.35 shipped to my door. :D

Latest posts

Back