• Help Support TNDeer:

I will tell off on myself

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I wasn't actually fishing, but rather duck hunting.

Granted I was kinda out of sorts due to having a flat and ruining a tire and wheel before we ever got there.
Anyway, got everything loaded up in the boat and had woodyard back me down the ramp.
He got low enough so I cranked the engine and started backing off the trailer.
Motor was making a strange sound so I was gonna flip my lever and raise it up a bit and noticed the handle was under water. (Strange sound was because the motor was basically under water)
Then I noticed another half inch and I would be taking water on over the transom. :shock:

My first thought was the boat was frozen to the trailer then I realized it was like 40 degrees. :lol:

Oh crap, PULL UP PULL UP !!!

Forgot the unstrap the boat from the trailer. :bash: :bash:

Gotta admit that was my first time. :D

At least you caught it quick. My time over in AR, buddy backed me out three different times , because we had a drop of water in somewhere frozen and the motor wouldn't pump. We were all around the back end and didn't notice we failed to pull off the straps. Finally when boat and trailer floated sideways , I figured it out.

I don't think that is bad as a yankee I saw one time forget his plug and had bout half a boat full of water one time.

had a john boat that would leak some, easy to drain, pull plug whiles going down the lake, just remember to put it back in before you stopped :rotf:

I watch a guy and his buddy one day try to unload one with the tie downs still on it . It was Hilarious it lasted for 10 to 15 minutes . After they fired the motor up and tried 3 or 4 times I told them . I would of told them sooner if they would've acted like they were some big fishing star .

Pretty sure I've covered just about every wrong way to launch a boat you can. With the exception of not putting the vehicle in park when self launching and winding up with my Jeep in the lake or river. I reckon that is next.

Latest posts

Back