• Help Support TNDeer:

If y’all don’t live in S.E. Tennessee

yeah rub it in. had planned on moving there and even have a job transfer but weve been looking at housing, $315k for a place smaller than ours in west tn. $100k over appraisal. i think we gonna stay here a while longer, lol.

yeah rub it in. had planned on moving there and even have a job transfer but weve been looking at housing, $315k for a place smaller than ours in west tn. $100k over appraisal. i think we gonna stay here a while longer, lol.
Housing here has absolutely went insane! But like I said, you or anyone else is welcome to come visit! Biscuits on me! I can even supply gear (other than waders and boots). Rainbows, Browns and Brooks. I do not fish for trout that arrived in a truck so don't come looking for huge fish. I only fish for wild stream bred trout and they typically don't grow very large.

Last edited:
Pressed for time and will watch the video later. My grandson texted my last night as his fall baseball is over this weekend. Now he wants to go fly fishing. It's tough but someone has to do it. Looking at a couple of small streams but will also look at the generating schedule for the Hiwassee. This rain might bring some high flows.
CATCHDAWG, many of the stocked tailwaters have some big fish. They are holdovers from previous stocking. Like any fishing venue, one never knows what you will bring to net. The Hiwassee produced a 15 lb. brown trout, caught on a Rapala. The fish was cooperative as the story goes, it beached itself at the guy's feet!

Housing here has absolutely went insane! But like I said, you or anyone else is welcome to come visit! Biscuits on me! I can even supply gear (other than waders and boots). Rainbows, Browns and Brooks. I do not fish for trout that arrived in a truck so don't come looking for huge fish. I only fish for wild stream bred trout and they typically don't grow very large.
Cool video.
Nothin like fly fishin a trout stream.
Ever try Euro Nymphing?
Got a Moonshine 3 wt. 10.5 foot for my 49th birthday.
Used once. It's a lot of fun.

Off topic a bit; delete if needed.
My son is looking for a house. If you don't offer $50-100K over the asking price, you are outta luck. My daughter remarked about selling their house. We told her that she couldn't replace it for what it is valued.

Cool video.
Nothin like fly fishin a trout stream.
Ever try Euro Nymphing?
Got a Moonshine 3 wt. 10.5 foot for my 49th birthday.
Used once. It's a lot of fun.
I have tried it and it's pretty fun but I stick with my traditional stuff. I'm usually not one open to "change". Heck, the combo I was using in the video is a 20+ year old Orvis setup. I haven't even went to a large arbor reel yet. Mostly because the places I fish, It wouldn't benefit me any.

Pressed for time and will watch the video later. My grandson texted my last night as his fall baseball is over this weekend. Now he wants to go fly fishing. It's tough but someone has to do it. Looking at a couple of small streams but will also look at the generating schedule for the Hiwassee. This rain might bring some high flows.
CATCHDAWG, many of the stocked tailwaters have some big fish. They are holdovers from previous stocking. Like any fishing venue, one never knows what you will bring to net. The Hiwassee produced a 15 lb. brown trout, caught on a Rapala. The fish was cooperative as the story goes, it beached itself at the guy's feet!
If you read my comments above, you'll notice that I said that I do not fish for "truck trout". If I do, it's in a stocked stream/tailwater and my only goal is a limit for the smoker. The streams I fish have nothing to do with the size of the trout but everything to do with where your at and wildness of the fish. And if you want to catch big trout, shoot me a pm because the Hiawassee is not the best local place to catch one.😜

I have tried it and it's pretty fun but I stick with my traditional stuff. I'm usually not one open to "change". Heck, the combo I was using in the video is a 20+ year old Orvis setup. I haven't even went to a large arbor reel yet. Mostly because the places I fish, It wouldn't benefit me any.
It was a birthday gift. Haven't spent $299 on a fly rod ever.
Fish mostly Echo base at $80.00 a piece. Part of being a cheap pollack. My prize rod is a 5/6 St Croix premier back when St Croix made a $69.00 USA rod.
I don't care if you fly fish with a $30.00 south bend. If you fly fish, you're cool.

Last edited:
I've got two brand new fly rods and never have taken them out of their cases from the day I bought them. I had planned on really hitting the streams hard this year and learning to fly fish but buying the boat caused trout to be put on the back burner. It just takes me too long of a drive to get to the streams after working all night. I can be on the lake in 30 minutes whereas the mtns are an hour plus. Love doing them both.

I've got two brand new fly rods and never have taken them out of their cases from the day I bought them. I had planned on really hitting the streams hard this year and learning to fly fish but buying the boat caused trout to be put on the back burner. It just takes me too long of a drive to get to the streams after working all night. I can be on the lake in 30 minutes whereas the mtns are an hour plus. Love doing them both.
Let me know when you're ready to break in those rods and I'll take you to where the wild things are! Biscuits will be on me!

None of that's true. That's A paid trout pond. Catch Shut UP! I've only fished native here for over a decade. Already to crowded. Hiwassew is where everybody needs to go. Bring a rock you like to stand on!

None of that's true. That's A paid trout pond. Catch Shut UP! I've only fished native here for over a decade. Already to crowded. Hiwassew is where everybody needs to go. Bring a rock you like to stand on!
A decade? So you're still a amateur? J/k lol! Hit me up when you want to go brother, no need to bring your own rock, there will be room!

Latest posts

Back