• Help Support TNDeer:

illinois question...centerfire...

redblood

i was printing off my application fron the illinois dnr and noticed the word centerfire. took a closer look and it looks like centerfire handguns are legal as long as they are over 30 cal. is this new? i have killed out with my savage smokeless the past two years, but an a tc contender in 30-30 or 35 rem might be coming with me this yr.

I know some guys are necking up a .243 or .25 WSSM to 35 cal. The case length is short enough, pretty much duplicates 358 Win ballistics.

Kimberman said:
I know some guys are necking up a .243 or .25 WSSM to 35 cal. The case length is short enough, pretty much duplicates 358 Win ballistics.

redblood said:
at 1.670" the those cases are too long for illinois

if necked up to be straight walled, the length restriction does not apply but they would still be illegal as a wildcat round.

Your right Redblood, some great calibers readily available in a good hunting pistol are thrown out with these restrictions! Your Savage smokeless however is more than sufficient imo. I would rather have it in hand than any pistol myself! Best production MZ in existence IMO!

Back