• Help Support TNDeer:

Jack plate?

74MOPAR

I've got a 14 foot flat bottom boat with a 15 horse tiller on it. With somebody in the front and motor adjusted all the way down still can't keep the front down. By myself you can run maybe 1/4 throttle. Would a jack plate be the solution?

A 15 hp outboard should be perfect for a 14 ft jon boat. Is the motor a true 15 hp or has it been worked on and now a 20 hp or more? Check and see what trim setting it is on and put it all the way down. I had mine on the 2nd pin hole. Yours may be trimmed way up.

Put a hydrofoil on the cavitation plate, much cheaper and easier than a jack plate. Not sure if a jack plate would even work

I doubt it's overpowered, I run a 35 on a 13'

Sent from the talk of tap

I had a 9.9hp long shank on a 14' flat bottom that did the same thing, even with the mini-jacker plate. I installed a hydrofoil and it fixed it, even by myself, it planes flat from stop to full throttle.

Since it's a short shaft, make sure your motor is mounted low enough. Your cavitation plate should be below the bottom of the boat.

74MOPAR":16kix4o2 said:
Academy in rivergate was sold out, may be able to get by cool springs tomorrow
Walmart in cool springs might still have one made by Attwood on sale for $30. They did last week

74MOPAR":vcuar24e said:
catman529":vcuar24e said:
74MOPAR":vcuar24e said:
Academy in rivergate was sold out, may be able to get by cool springs tomorrow
Walmart in cool springs might still have one made by Attwood on sale for $30. They did last week

Thanks for the heads up , I got the last one. Hope it works
it worked great on my boat. Post back here when you've taken it for a run, hope it works good for you

Latest posts

Back