Jim shockey's American Pioneer Powder gold

Droopy

The ads for this stuff sound too good to be true. 10,000+ shots without cleaning and no misfires. Anybody using the stuff? I think they have formed compressed charges also(like pellets). Is the velocities the same as pyrodex?

Trapper John

Use the loose powder. Pellets suck. I shot the stuff back when it was Clean Shot powder and have used it every season since. I'm using 777 powder this season just out of curiosity. If I'm not happy with it I'll go back to American Pioneer.

As for the ads, I don't buy it. The stuff cleans up amazingly well but I'm not buying into the 10,000 shot thing.

You may or may not get good accuracy with it. My T/C Black Diamond XR won't shoot Pyrodex worth anything. It shot American Pioneer fine and shoots 777 fine.

Let your gun decide.

b-model mack

I went from pyrodex to American Pioneer sticks and almost threw away my optima pro. Went to the loss powder and got fantastic results and clean up was a breeze. The Shockly Gold is good stuff in LOOSE POWDER FORM. Anyway thats my opinion.

4onaside

I've said on here before that from my experience American Pioneer advertising is false. I tried a canister of loose powder last season, and two things were apparent to me. One, was that the barrel fouled just as quickly in my gun with Pioneer as it does with Pyrodex, although the residue is white instead of black, and two, it does clean up easier than pyrodex. However, I was disappointed and I threw away half of the contents. I just bought a canister of triple 7 this week, which my son swears by. So, well see.

Recurve

I'll have to go with DA on the loose 777. I didn't get good results with the pellets. Also, I NEVER believe ads until I try them myself. I haven't tried Shockey's yet, but it definitely sounded too good to be true.

muddyboots

Im not buying anything that the commercial says after 10,000 shots with his Thompson Center and the gun in the commercial is a knight. If they will lie about that they will lie about anything. I think Jim Shockey is about whoevers paying him.

Latest posts