• Help Support TNDeer:

John Tully Squirrel Hunting Question

Valley Park

Hello I am new to this Board. I grew up in MS and have always driven an hour or two South of Shelby County, TN to hunt private land. My son just got his first .22 rifle so he's on fire for us to start squirrel hunting. I squirrel hunted in my younger days but haven't been in 20+ years. He enjoys the outdoors and won't mind all the walking. I'm wanting to find us a place a little closer to home we can get to quickly and hunt so we're heading up to John Tully in the next few days. Any advice for someone going up there for the first time to squirrel hunt ? I've hiked and fished at Fort Pillow and Meeman-Shelby so I have an understanding for the terrain and know about the mosquitoes. I'd think with 15,000+ acres and rifle season weeks away we'd able to do some walking through hardwoods and on ridge tops without disturbing bow hunters or other small game hunters. Surely there's some large 'flat' tracks of land with timber further East from the river we could walk as well ? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back