• Help Support TNDeer:

Jon boat pods ?

dmonty

I'm thinking about adding the floating pods to the back of my jon boat,does anyone in Knoxville area know a Aluminum fabricator/welder that has experience doing this? Would adding these pods allow me to add a larger motor? Boat is a 16 ft around 50 inches in the transom and would be looking at adding a 25 hp 2 stroke motor. Not sure of the motor rating currently the tag is faded.

I made some for my boat and honestly it would be easier to just buy some from beavertail cause it's a good bit of welding and I even bent mine to reduce the amount of welding. Another thing is when you put them on you need to make sure they are tilted up so when on plane they don't drag on the water. I say your boat would hold a 25hp 2 stroke just fine without the pods but they do offset weight and keep the back of the boat from dipping down on take off but look on the beavertail website and look at the dimensions and make a mock set out of foam board and see how they fit up on the boat and I'll see if I can find the picture of mine I made to give you an idea

Latest posts

Back