• Help Support TNDeer:

JPP Hybrids..

Vince

Good day for me today, fishing from the bank. Got 3 hybrids within an hour; 2 on shiners and 1 on a bluegill. Have never caught 3 in a row in a day. All looked similar size..measured one and 20" long, close to 4lbs. Cut the line and released the third one after taking picture, kept my limit of 2. 1 already fried and eaten. My 2.5 yr old ate quite some fresh fish today.

Strange thing was bluegills were hard to catch. I couldnt catch any on worms. The bluegill i used as bait was from another gentleman fishing on nightcrawlers next to me.

This is my first striper/hybrid after I started hunting in 2013 fall. In 2014 I didn't catch any striper/hybrid (or deer). Hopefully the jinx is over with this... :lol:

Had the pleasure of pulling out a hook from my hand today... glad i use small size 1 hooks...:oops:

Just a note of forewarning, but that method of "release" likely would have gotten you a ticket had an officer been there. Bad idea to put a fish in the dirt, take the time to take pictures, and then try to release it where it will survive.

With your limit already dead on the bank, number three should have been released alive in the water.

But, congratulations on some nice fish. They are fun to catch.

Thanks scn..I didn't know that...since it wasn't too warm, the fish seemed to just swim quickly away as soon as i put him in water. I bade it bye and said "come again bigger another day". :)

I would have taken my line out of water after my second one, had the gentleman who gave me his bluegil for bait for my firat fish wanted a fish to keep for himself..He didn't have the right rig.. When the drag was screaming on the third, i asked him to reel in 'his' fish. But he wouldn't. When I reeled in, he said he didnt want it to keep and that he only wanted a picture of all three...

When I cleaned my two hybrids, both of them had a shad and bluegill each in their belly, pretty much in tact. I am surprised they went for my bait despite having two full fish in their bellies...

Latest posts

Back