• Help Support TNDeer:

Just got some more Land

timberjack86

We are logging 100 acres along the elk river and after seeing a few good bucks in the area I asked the landowner if I could hunt and she gave me exclusive acess to do what ever I want and she told me if I wanted to I could post it. The only problem is the entire 100 acres is enclosed with cattle so that shoots my foodplots. But I did pour some deer cain out today and jumped a nice buck bedded near the property line!Going to hang a camera this week. Bring on deer season!

That is awesome, you have to love that. If I were ever to be that fortunate, I'd make sure the landowner knew I was grateful for his/her generosity. I'd follow up annually (at a minimum) with a thank you and some form of compensation to serve as my token of appreciation. Best of luck with your new acquisition.

Andy S. said:
That is awesome, you have to love that. If I were ever to be that fortunate, I'd make sure the landowner knew I was grateful for his/her generosity. I'd follow up annually (at a minimum) with a thank you and some form of compensation to serve as my token of appreciation. Best of luck with your new acquisition.
My dad helped her get this land back that has been in her familiy for years and another neigboring landowner was claiming it.After a long and leghthy court battle she got it back. So its probably her way of paying him back,but I did thank her very much and have offerd to help her in anyway I can.

Andy S. said:

Just another thought for timberjack....The properties we lease around the land we own, we take those owners a little gift basket full of jam, bicuits, ham, etc.....at Christmas time. We get ours at Loveless Cafe. They ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! We have been leasing these properties since 2001

JCDEERMAN said:
Andy S. said:

Just another thought for timberjack....The properties we lease around the land we own, we take those owners a little gift basket full of jam, bicuits, ham, etc.....at Christmas time. We get ours at Loveless Cafe. They ABSOLUTELY LOVE it! We have been leasing these properties since 2001
Thats a GREAT idea! Thanks for the advice guys,I bet she would love a Christmas ham.

Latest posts

Back