• Help Support TNDeer:

Kayak Bass Fishing

BulldogBowHunter

Bought an entry level kayak I have made into a fishing kayak. I got it mainly to fish a couple of small private lakes I have access to but am looking to try and get into some river and creek fishing. If I enjoy fishing creeks and rivers, I plan on upgrading to a nicer kayak but in the meantime I would like to try and fish a couple creeks and rivers that are relatively calm. Anyone willing to throw me a bone? I am in Cumberland County. Thanks.

The bigger streams in Cumberland and Morgan would be a good start. I won't name streams, but you can find access with a little digging. It's a bad idea to name streams on open forums since they are so sensitive to pressure.

They will be plenty tame at low summer flows. Don't attempt it after a big rain unless you want to test your whitewater skills though.

Be warned- the rocks in plateau streams are like walking on snot covered bowling balls. You are much safer boating than wading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BulldogBowHunter":3cllarju said:
Bought an entry level kayak I have made into a fishing kayak. I got it mainly to fish a couple of small private lakes I have access to but am looking to try and get into some river and creek fishing. If I enjoy fishing creeks and rivers, I plan on upgrading to a nicer kayak but in the meantime I would like to try and fish a couple creeks and rivers that are relatively calm. Anyone willing to throw me a bone? I am in Cumberland County. Thanks.

What kind/brand of kayak? Like you, I want to fish the smaller (and calmer) lakes/rivers.

I would start driving around looking. I don't know Cumberland county but I wouldn't give out fishing spots if I did know of any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back