• Help Support TNDeer:

Kayak Catfish

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I know a few on here follow him on youtube.
He just announced he is quitting his "real" job and going full time into fishing and youtube full time.
I am glad for him and look forward to even more of his videos.

Just some useless info for ya there. :D

I'm happy for him! I ran into him out fishing not long ago. He was a little bit aggravated with the YouTube fame, or rather what it has done. He pioneered the catfishing from a kayak and lives in a great area for cats. When he first started, he was the only one doing it and made it big because it was original and low hanging fruit just waiting to be picked. Because of that, there's at least 10 other youtubers in this area that decided that they wanted in on the pie. So they started cat fishing YouTube channels, and fishing the same areas Justin had been fishing. Justin is limited to where he can get to from a kayak. These other guys are in boats and can go anywhere. They're starting to put bigger fish in the boat than Justin and now there's competition where there wasn't any before. So he's starting to have to travel out of the area and broadening the species range just to have content to keep his algorithms up. Not only that but there's more of them that DONT have YouTube channels that just watch the channel and go fish his spots to death. That's how I ran into him. He usually fishes Watts Bar on the upper end or Ft Loudon. I ran into him down towards the Ten Mile section of the lake. He said he was having to find new water to fish because of all the people that are fishing his stomping grounds. I watch most of his videos but I can only watch him on mute. He does catch good fish but he trips me out with how he enunciates some words. Listen to how he says "today".

John's the only one I haven't ran into yet of the big 3 YouTube channels in this area. I don't see how because he and I fish the same spots more then the others.

Another fishing channel I like is Hagen Grubbs Fishing. I'm new to it but like what I have saw so far.

Latest posts

Back