• Help Support TNDeer:

Kayak modifications

catman529

Yesterday I started grabbing things off the shelf at Walmart, and then wired up these lights for the kayak so I can fish at night just about anywhere when I'm not using the boat. I put in a sort of "dome light" inside the kayak so I can retie baits, measure fish etc. The lights run off a very small AGM battery, and I will probably add a port to charge my phone since it died while I was fishing tonight.

cbd78262a3a4acd8478b796ab08b068b.jpg

a4754d9289c653cd5d855b28996beec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Kayak modifications

It would be cool to wire up some LEDs so you could run them on a 9volt or similar small battery.

I use a small 12v SLA battery out of a computer battery backup for another application, but that may work for you too.

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street."

whiskey":bje7rlhh said:
It would be cool to wire up some LEDs so you could run them on a 9volt or similar small battery.

I use a small 12v SLA battery out of a computer battery backup for another application, but that may work for you too.

"So he cocked both his pistols, spit in the dirt, and walked out in to the street."
Yeah I could, but 9v wouldn't last long, and I wanted it to be rechargeable. The lights should last at least 10 hours on this small AGM and I can always get a bigger battery if I plug in a depthfinder and USB port as well.

Mike Belt":37rc5rm6 said:
Don't you have problems with insects swarming the lights at night?
Not yet, that depends on the hatch though... one night on Dale Hollow this year I could not keep my headlamp on with the amount of small midge-looking flies hitting me in the face. The next night, they were all gone.

CATCHDAWG":1cafs2np said:
What boat you using Cat and any particular reason you chose a sit-in vs s.o.t? I just ordered a s.o.t only reason I'm asking.
it's a LL Bean and was given to me. It was full of dirty water and lying next to a pond when I got it, but it cleaned up nicely and it is great for both fishing and hunting.

catman529":3gs1h404 said:
CATCHDAWG":3gs1h404 said:
What boat you using Cat and any particular reason you chose a sit-in vs s.o.t? I just ordered a s.o.t only reason I'm asking.
it's a LL Bean and was given to me. It was full of dirty water and lying next to a pond when I got it, but it cleaned up nicely and it is great for both fishing and hunting.

Gotcha, free is the best kind! Lol.

Latest posts

Back