• Help Support TNDeer:

Keeping Up with Various Fishing Lines

TheLBLman

With there being more line choices than ever,
how do you keep up with which line is on which reel?

I used to be able to simply "remember",
:D but then,
there was a time when most my rods & reels all had the same line on them!

Any novel little "tricks" you've found?

If I am using mono, it is Berkley big game on my spinning and baitcasting reels. I just use a piece of adhesive tape or masking tape on the reel or reel spool with the pound test. My braid lines are one of a couple of brands that I can tell apart, and I just use a tape marking for the poundage.

Most fly lines come with a peel off label that has the type and line wt. That goes on the reel foot where it attaches to the rod.

Im simple. All bass stuff has the same line except for 2. They have heavy mono and braid respectively
All bream rigs have the same.
Easy peasy.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

Mine is really easy. I mainly fish for trout/panfish. My 2 spinning reels are rated for 2, 4 and 6 # test line. I use 4# fluorocarbon on both reels. Through some trial and error, I found 2# was too light, and 6# was a little too heavy for the lighter lures I use. 4# is just right, so I stick with that.

For my bass setup, I only have one reel, and use 6 or 8# mono. Right now I have 6# mono as a backing and 20# Power Pro (which is 6# diameter) on it, as I used that for a saltwater trip. It will work for a bass rig as well.

i suppose if I needed to change things, I'd get a pack of those neon colored dot stickers (like you find as pricing on yard sale items) and write the line weight on it and stick it on the reel.

nitro_z17":25mc858r said:
i use 12# fluorocarbon on everything but my frog rod(65# braid) and my flipping stick (20# floro)
This is pretty close. Except I use 10 pound fluoro on my spinning rods. I usually use red label seaguar unless I just find a deal on something else. I've had good luck with power pro braid.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back