• Help Support TNDeer:

Koolaid chicken

I use the cheapest I can find, usually the packet variety in cherry, mix in some powder garlic also.
I use it on hotdogs as well, works well.

I'm still very much a catfish amateur but when I was having trouble getting bait, I looked into these kind of homemade baits and tried a lot of them...punch baits, stink baits, hot dogs, jello chicken, koolaid chicken, chicken livers, etc. I'll be honest...all I caught on that stuff was small channel cats and very small blues. I didn't consistently start catching bigger fish until I started using what they normally eat...other fish. I did do well on chicken breast chunks but I didn't notice any difference between taking it straight out of the package or marinating it in some concoction. And since the fall and colder water, I have not had any fish at all on the chicken. All my fish the last couple months have been on gizzard shad, skipjack, and white bass cut baits...in that order.

Crow Terminator":1zed7ppf said:
I'm still very much a catfish amateur but when I was having trouble getting bait, I looked into these kind of homemade baits and tried a lot of them...punch baits, stink baits, hot dogs, jello chicken, koolaid chicken, chicken livers, etc. I'll be honest...all I caught on that stuff was small channel cats and very small blues. I didn't consistently start catching bigger fish until I started using what they normally eat...other fish. I did do well on chicken breast chunks but I didn't notice any difference between taking it straight out of the package or marinating it in some concoction. And since the fall and colder water, I have not had any fish at all on the chicken. All my fish the last couple months have been on gizzard shad, skipjack, and white bass cut baits...in that order.
I think the flavored baits are more geared towards filling a stringer with fillet size catfish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back