• Help Support TNDeer:

KY lake on the rise LOL

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Just like Mike Tyson said about everyone that has a plan......

Bass are in the bushes and the weather is gonna be perfect so we were planning on hitting the bushes Saturday morning.
Looking like by Saturday it will be like 10 freaking feet above Summer pool.
Won't even be any bushes sticking out of the water by then. :bash:

Sheesh.... what a year weather wise.

strange year. according to the guides the north side has clear water. i can tell you the south side is chocolate milk colored. its not stopping anyone though boat ramps are full, must be practicing for tourney's this weekend.

10takum":3cvtx470 said:
Ruger, recan a man could catch a few bass at 1000acre lake? or will it be to muddy

We caught 20 last Saturday there but all dinks. Largest one was MAYBE 2 pounds.
Twice as many as I figured we would catch with the East wind.
It was dis-colored more that day than I have ever seen it and it was still what I would call clear.

Honestly I have never seen it muddy.

I just asked my buddy if we were still going to KY lake or back to the 1,000 acre lake.
He is gonna make a few calls and decide tomorrow.
The more I hear the more I am leaning towards 1,000 acre myself.

Ruger, where you getting that info? TVA website giving 361.36 tomorrow and 361.1 on Saturday , they just revised it down about a foot since a little while ago today. That is only about two feet over summer pool.

It was about 359 last Friday when I went. 361 will put some of those bushes under but you can fish the fields now. The yellow weeds. . :lol:

One of my co workers fishes a lot of the little tournaments up there. His buddy fished the same area( and bushes ) on Saturday and had 26 plus lbs for the tournament on Sat. My co-worker fished one on Sunday on the same area and had around 25 lbs . Couple of 5 pounders in the bag. He told me Tuesday a guy caught a six pounder in the area. They were in those bushes in one of my favorite spots, I know exactly where they were all fishing.

Pitching a Brush hog in pumpkin green.

I didn't get squat on Friday, but I wasn't really expecting to with the wind and cold front.
I was really planning on getting there on Saturday early.

WTM":2cvaby88 said:
strange year. according to the guides the north side has clear water. i can tell you the south side is chocolate milk colored. its not stopping anyone though boat ramps are full, must be practicing for tourney's this weekend.
Crappiemasters fri-sat, bassmaster elite may 4-7

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

bluball":1d02rg63 said:
WTM":1d02rg63 said:
Crappiemasters fri-sat, bassmaster elite may 4-7

yeah i looked on the lake schedule and there is a USA Bassin, FLW college tourney and a couple of local redneck tourneys too. thats another 500 boats.

WTM":j1to4b4j said:
yeah i looked on the lake schedule and there is a USA Bassin, FLW college tourney and a couple of local redneck tourneys too. thats another 500 boats.

Getting to where that is pretty much a normal weekend up there ain't it?

RUGER":2pfcvb9f said:
WTM":2pfcvb9f said:

yeah, even on the south end. trace creek pretty much has a tournament going every weekend, jville has several tournaments and birdsong usually has the college and high school tournament on fridays. even Camden has a high school team now, lol, and doing fairly well. its come a long ways since the mid 90's when i used to bass fish with my brother and mike holt some. a young person has a lot of opportunities now that didnt exist years ago.

i fish a lot of evenings and they are gone by 4pm. kind of handy to live 1/4 mile from the marina.

WTM":1so0bdwo said:
RUGER":1so0bdwo said:
WTM":1so0bdwo said:

yeah, even on the south end. trace creek pretty much has a tournament going every weekend, jville has several tournaments and birdsong usually has the college and high school tournament on fridays. even Camden has a high school team now, lol, and doing fairly well. its come a long ways since the mid 90's when i used to bass fish with my brother and mike holt some. a young person has a lot of opportunities now that didnt exist years ago.

i fish a lot of evenings and they are gone by 4pm. kind of handy to live 1/4 mile from the marina.
Dont forget perryville and mousetail.Work with a guy that bass fishes and theres way more bass tounys that way than what i would have figured,lol.

lol i fished for blue cats on that section of the river one time in May a couple of years ago. never again. ive never seen so many of those ski boats churning up the water. even saw one gal on a surf board behind one of those, throwing 3 ft waves.

WTM":uycz7bce said:
RUGER":uycz7bce said:
WTM":uycz7bce said:

pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back