• Help Support TNDeer:

KY lake was in a RAGE today

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Weatherman LIED and that 5 to 7 wind turned into I dunno what but I do know we were in some legit 4 1/2 foot swells.
Roughest I have ever been on KY lake for sure.
Good thing ole tophat can drive the cornbread HECK out of a boat or we would have been in bad trouble.

Man had the fish of the day, of which there were very few to be caught for some reason.
Had a good time and really, after getting back safe, that's all that matters.

Now I don't feel too bad about not going. Was planning all week on getting out there early. Shoulders just didn't feel good yesterday or today. This morning I kept looking and realizing the wind wasn't that bad and it was a beautiful day and thinking I should have went anyways. Then this afternoon I noticed that it really picked up. Probably about the time those swells denveloped. That can be be some rough riding when it gets like that, not to mention nerves.

Glad it turned out well. Man got him a goodun.

Decided since I hurt anyways to get my arse in gear and get some more boxes on the bee hives for them to make honey. Saw the first Tulip Popolar blooms yesterday, so it is time if they are gonna do it.

any day on the water is a good day. i have duty this week. went to work yesterday worked 8 hours. called back in at 11pm, worked in middle tn until 4:45am. pulled in the driveway at 5 am and they called again to go back 20 miles further than i just left in mid tn. i just woke up an hour ago, lol.

good fish btw.

My Wife and I crossed the lake on the Danville Ferry this afternoon around 3:00.
3 1/2 foot swells all the way, but no problem for the ferry.
Some fishing boats had their hands full though.

We came back across the bridge on 79 around 7:00 pm, wind on the arch of the bridge was blowing her 4 door Wrangler around like nothing.

The whole lake was white capping , there's no way I'd want to be caught out on it like it was today.

The area on Pickwick where the river makes it's turn North at Waterloo can get real nasty .
I came across it from Bear Creek over to Waterloo one evening in 4' swells , it will increase the pucker factor for sure!

Glad y'all made in Safe and nice fish. :tu:

I honestly don't know which is worse when the wind gets that bad. Watts Bar, Loyston sea on Norris, or Lake Cumberland. They all will make you think "shoulda stayed home" Glad you made it home. Good fish too.

Nice bass! Glad y'all made it home safe! Crossed KY lake once in 6 ft swells! All I can say is, the person that invented the Hot Foot was a genius!! Don't go out on KY lake without one. If you are ever caught in rough water, you know what I mean.

double browtine":jx8303t2 said:
Nice bass! Glad y'all made it home safe! Crossed KY lake once in 6 ft swells! All I can say is, the person that invented the Hot Foot was a genius!! Don't go out on KY lake without one. If you are ever caught in rough water, you know what I mean.
My son and I talked about the hotfoot on the way home. You are exactly right!

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

A/M/G":j8lwy2cx said:
glad yall are safe. what was the water temp?

Pretty sure tophat said 62 to 64 but honestly I wasn't paying attention to it that much.
I know I couldn't catch anything in the bushes and both my fish came off of a dock and a ramp.

Pretty crappy day for catching. LOL

woodyard":12ot03gd said:
Now I don't feel too bad about not going. Was planning all week on getting out there early. Shoulders just didn't feel good yesterday or today. This morning I kept looking and realizing the wind wasn't that bad and it was a beautiful day and thinking I should have went anyways. Then this afternoon I noticed that it really picked up. Probably about the time those swells denveloped. That can be be some rough riding when it gets like that, not to mention nerves.

Glad it turned out well. Man got him a goodun.

Decided since I hurt anyways to get my arse in gear and get some more boxes on the bee hives for them to make honey. Saw the first Tulip Popolar blooms yesterday, so it is time if they are gonna do it.

You made the right decision for sure dude.

Latest posts

Back