• Help Support TNDeer:

Lake Ocoee

bwgarrett3

Anyone have experience on this small lake? My dad, son and myself will be going Friday to catch some spotted bass and anything else that bites. Any info that will help us bring back a big mess of fish is greatly appreciated.

I'd probably hit the creeks right now. I can tell you one thing for certain on Parksville (Ocoee) your either going to have a really good day or the opposite of that. There is no in between! The Ocoee dam deli is a good place to find some food while you're there 👍
Thanks man! Appreciate the info!

We had a decent day. Brought home 13 spotted bass, one big largemouth and a big bluegill. We had to grind out out for the ones we caught tho.
How big was the LM? Catch and take as many spots as you can...the LM population has dramatically decreased in the last decade from them bastiges. Currently I catch 7-8 spots to 1 LM.

How big was the LM? Catch and take as many spots as you can...the LM population has dramatically decreased in the last decade from them bastiges. Currently I catch 7-8 spots to 1 LM.
i would take a guess that those over on that side are probably alabama bass instead of true northern spots like we have here. those things get a lot bigger and probably eat a lot more.

spots around here dont get that big. 2-3 pounds is a big fish. lol, but they all taste good. maybe why they are declining on the ky side of the lake.
They taste good and fight like hell. I am surprised sometimes when I get them to the boat how small they are compared to how hard they hit. I would dare say a 2.5 pound Alabama bass fights as hard as a 5 pound LMB. And the vast majority of AB's are well under 2 pounds. The largest I have been able to get into the boat was 4.3.

Latest posts

Back