• Help Support TNDeer:

Latest project, canoe modification, pics

catman529

Bought this beat up canoe from a friend and got to work on fixing her up. The only thing I really am waiting on is my registration to come in the mail, so I can put the stickers on it.

What I started with was a boat that was missing the front seat and had some minor damage to the hull.

What I added was...

Front seat/compartment with a light that comes on when you open the lid.
Running lights
Interior lights
Two 12v outlets to charge phones and other electronics
Drain plug
Trolling motor mount
Motorguide T34 (since I bought a new motor for the tin boat.)

The motorguide pushes it nicely.

For those who are interested, I got a 10 minute video of the process and the test run, I'll post that below the pics...

ff7c891b776ecaa2948c0d39d030656c.jpg

4eefbe0084e14002f95b9368f4f72fcc.jpg

45e8c5b359104d159c200b4592b7adf5.jpg

http://youtu.be/GmvI5gA8xyE

Can't wait to take this up some skinny water, not just for fishing but also deer hunting I'm sure it will see some deer blood this fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ImThere":3n63jh5y said:
That's pretty badass Cat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Ricky

You're welcome to tag along or borrow it or help drag out a 2nd deer with it. You know some spots as well as I do that could use it

catman529":1k1xr2my said:
ImThere":1k1xr2my said:

Thanks Ricky

You're welcome to tag along or borrow it or help drag out a 2nd deer with it. You know some spots as well as I do that could use it
you know I'm scared of running water in freezing conditions. If I can over come that I'm in.

ImThere":8ijn1uoo said:
catman529":8ijn1uoo said:
ImThere":8ijn1uoo said:

Thanks Ricky

you know I'm scared of running water in freezing conditions. If I can over come that I'm in.

Lol we got from seed tick september till january just let me know.

I used a little canoe to slip into the Backside of CHEATHAM WMA. You've got a sweet setup for slipping in early and letting the 4 wheeler's run deer right up on you.
A lot of Islands and places you can only reach with a boat over here on the Duck River WMA that have deer. Look Forward to seeing how you do with it.
You can get a limit of squirrels with it real quick.Just stop and park and shoot. :)

WestTn Huntin man":1ndyh19y said:
I used a little canoe to slip into the Backside of CHEATHAM WMA. You've got a sweet setup for slipping in early and letting the 4 wheeler's run deer right up on you.
A lot of Islands and places you can only reach with a boat over here on the Duck River WMA that have deer. Look Forward to seeing how you do with it.
You can get a limit of squirrels with it real quick.Just stop and park and shoot. :)
ha I actually have shot a squirrel from a canoe in the past, it works. I hunt along creeks and rivers where I can't get my outboard, that's what this canoe is for.

TNRazorback":245my5rb said:
Nice. FYI - since it's motorized, it has to be registered.
I said in the post and the video that I'm waiting for the registration in the mail.

catman529":smm9yiif said:
TNRazorback":smm9yiif said:
Nice. FYI - since it's motorized, it has to be registered.
I said in the post and the video that I'm waiting for the registration in the mail.

That you did, saw the night pic of it on the water and missed the "waiting" part

Latest posts

Back