• Help Support TNDeer:

LBL Hunting season change

TLRanger

New hunting seasons for LBL this year. The archery season will open according to each state's opening and closing dates. KY's archery will open the first Sat in Sept (This year it will be Sept 01) and close with the statewide season.

TN side will open the fourth Sat in Sept (Sept 22 this year) and close with the statewide season.

TN RDG RNR said:
....start season a little early.
Yes indeed. Bow season will not open this early (day of year) again for either state until 2018. I was just telling some buds of mine we may still be able to get on a good buck while he is in his summer feeding pattern with the way the dates hit this year. It will be close, but it will be as early as we can expect to be in the woods with a stick-n-string.

redblood said:
buzz mcmanus said:
TN RDG RNR said:
Very tempting to buy a Ky lic and start season a little early.

http://www.lbl.org/documents/12-13DeerHuntinfoSheet.pdf

If I didn't have an elk hunt planned for Sept, I'd join you. I also like the Jan 22 close date.

u will be hunting shed bucks

I've killed lots of January bucks. I hunt in Ohio all the way through the first weekend of February. There are a few that shed, but most are still carrying their antlers. It's pretty easy to tell when you are 20 feet above them.

Bone Collector said:
a little off subject but do you have to buy an extra permit to hunt and camp there? i should be drawn this year.

Yes and Yes.......You can buy the combination hunting and camping permit for $25 dollars this year......Most likely will be going up next year.

Latest posts

Back